Welcome to Sunset Ridge!!
We opened our doors in August of 2003 and over the last 10 years we have proudly served our great community. From day one our focus has always been on providing the best educational experience for all of our students which is why we are an "A" rated school by the Dept. of Education. When making any school decisions we are always basing them on what is in the best interest of our students. Sunset Ridge has consistently been one of the top schools in Deer Valley in terms of AIMS test scores, district subject-based testing, as well as always achieving high labels from the Arizona Department of Education.
2012-13 Student Group Recognition
- School Band awarded Superior with Distinction at the Pageant of Bands
- School Band awarded Excellent at the Deer Valley Middle School Band Festival
- Concert Choir awarded an Excellent at the DVUSD Choral Festival
- Girls Basketball Team placed 3rd in the Junior High State Tournament
- Boys Basketball Team placed 1st in the Deer Valley Middle School Tournament
Teacher Awards and Recognition
Since the heart of every classroom is the teacher, we are really proud of the recognition some of our teachers have received:
- Mary Vivola & Paul Strauss both DVUSD Teacher of the Year award winners
- Jake Giger winner of the Excellence in Education Award from Rio Salado College and Channel 3 TV
- Kathy Parmigiani winner of the Diamondbacks & Century Link All-Star Teacher Award
- Morgana Willard winner of the Walmart Teacher of the Month Award
- Paul Strauss winner of the Apple Award from ImageAz Magazine
- Connie O'Halloran chosen by Honeywell as one of the top middle school math & science teachers from around the world to attend Teacher Space Camp
But having a great school really is more than just school work - it is also having a sense of community. We are always looking for ways of bringing our school and community together whether it is putting together big community events or even some great annual traditions...fun is the name of the game!
Sunset Ridge put together the largest Arizona Centennial Parade in all of Deer Valley and fun was had by all!
Sometimes going "old school" is the best - we have had so much fun at our Bingo Nights held throughout the year.
Without a doubt everybody looks forward to our annual Field Days!