Will be updated soon!
Remember that your registration process will differ depending on whether you are a new Rio Salado student or returning Rio Salado student! A new student means you have never taken a class at any of the 10 Maricopa community colleges! If you are unsure, please ask me! :)
Fall 2016 Dual Enrollment Flyer: Click on the flyer for everything you need to register!
Not sure how to find your 8 digit MCCCD that you need for registration - this power point will help you: How to find your 8 digit number for Registration
*Once you have your MEID and 8 digit student ID number locked down, save it somewhere you have easy access to it!
Once you receive your enrollment confirmation (via email and/or postcard) you can then pay!
Please keep in mind that it will take some time to receive your confirmation that you have officially been enrolled! You will first turn in your paperwork to your teacher at Ridge, your teacher will submit your paper work and all registration information will be verified, and then it is sent to Rio to be hand entered into the system. Once your information has been entered into Rio's system you will then get your enrollment confirmation!
How do you pay?
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Need your MEID to create your eCashier account?
First, log onto the dual page located at http://www.riosalado.edu/programs/dual/Pages/default.aspx
Then, click on My Maricopa (located on the left hand side of the page)
You can go through the MEID wizard to get your MEID, but to get through the process it does require that you enter your social security number!
If you have questions, just ask!
For Junior ELA Students: Need to take the WritePlacer?
Important Info for you here:
First. what is the WritePlacer and what is expected of you on this test?
Score needed to enroll: 5 or above
Students are given a passage to read and a question about the passage. They are directed to plan and write a multi-paragraph essay (300-600 words) in which they develop their point of view on the question given. They must support their position with reasoning and examples taken from their reading, studies, experiences, or observations. This test measures a student’s ability to write effectively, which is critical to academic success. The writing sample will be scored on the basis of how effectively it communicates a whole message to the readers for the stated purpose. The score is based on the student’s ability to express, organize, and support their opinions and ideas, not the position they take on the essay topic. The following five characteristics of writing will be considered:
· Focus—The clarity with which the student maintains their main idea or point of view
· Organization—The clarity with which the student structures their response and presents a logical sequence of ideas
· Development and Support—The extent to which the student elaborates on their ideas and the extent to which they present supporting details
· Sentence Structure—The effectiveness of the student’s sentence structure
· Mechanical Conventions—The extent to which the student’s writing is free of errors in usage and mechanics
Below is a an important link that walks you through the expectations in detail! It provides test instructions for the students, sample prompts, and sample student essays with scores and explanations for the scores! I highly encourage you to go through and review this!
Keep in mind that although a score of 5 is what you need to pass, here are the descriptors of what an essay should include to receive the highest score, which is an 8:
An essay that receives a score of 8 demonstrates clear and consistent mastery of on-demand essay writing with a few minor errors. A typical essay with this score:
• Effectively and insightfully develops a point of view on the issue.
• Addresses an appropriate audience and demonstrates a clear purpose for writing in the thesis statement.
• Demonstrates outstanding critical thinking, using effective examples, reasons, and other evidence to support its position.
• Is well organized and clearly focused, demonstrating clear coherence and smooth progression of ideas.
• Exhibits skillful use of language, using a varied, accurate, and apt vocabulary.
• Demonstrates varied and effective sentence structure.
• Is free of major errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation.
My.Maricopa: Once you are a registered this is going to be a very important link for you! This is where you can access your account, review payments, see what you owe, order transcripts --- all things Rio! Remember you will need your MEID for this! http://my.maricopa.edu/
Not sure how to use my.maricopa? Here is a power point to help you: How to Use My Maricopa
Have any dual enrollment questions?
Check this out: Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
If you have lingering questions or concerns, email me and I will do my best to get you the info you need: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other helpful sites:
Rio Salado's Dual Enrollment Main Page
Rio Salado Credit Transfer Information: http://www.riosalado.edu/advisement/university-transfer/Pages/default.aspx
Link to Rio Payment Options: http://www.riosalado.edu/cashier/Pages/options.aspx
Dual Enrollment Registration Information