Our mission is to provide EXTRAORDINARY educational opportunities to every learner.
In alignment with the Deer Valley Unified School District’s Strategic Plan priority area 2, Excellence in Workforce Performance, educators beginning their first year in the teaching profession are enrolled into a three-year Teacher Induction program. The program is designed to on-board new teachers to learning the district’s goals, culture, community, initiatives and expectations. The focus is on ensuring that employees have the knowledge, skills, strategies, and beliefs necessary to effectively respond to the differentiated needs of each student. The Baldrige High Performance Criteria for Education, which supports using a systems approach to continuous improvement, the Arizona Professional Teaching Standards, curriculum and instruction, and effective assessment strategies are the foundation of the program’s learning outcomes. These efforts reflect researched-based understanding of how to improve teaching and learning by encouraging professional purposeful learning communities, high expectations, and the use of data for specific evidence of student progress.
- Provides job embedded professional development for teachers aligned with the Strategic Plan and the
Baldrige Criteria for Performance Excellence
- Ensure best practice implementation are having a positive effect on the quality of teaching
and learning, leading to improved student achievement
- Conduct focused and guided planning sessions related to curriculum, instruction, classroom
management and assessment
- Monitor the use of student and system performance data to improve student achievement
- Visit classrooms monthly with reflection conferences
- Support continued personal professional growth through individual professional development plans
and differentiated professional development