FIND it Fast

Mountain Shadows

          Elementary School

FIND it Fast

Registration Information:

Registrar:                     Lisa Pack

Registration Hours:      8:30am-3:30 pm

Registrar Phone #:      623-445-4306

Office Fax #:                623-445-4380

Registrar Email: 


What to bring: (Required by AZ Dept. of Education)

            Immunization records

       Parent/guardian photo ID (driver’s license, passport)

      Original birth certificate or a certified copy

          Proof of residency (utility bill, lease agreement, escrow paperwork)

      Legal guardian or custody paperwork, if applicable

      Official withdrawal form from the previously attended school

      Official report card/transcript from previously attended school


Documents to be completed by parent/guardian:

    Student Registration form

    PHLOTE Home Language Survey

     McKinney-Vento Eligibility Questionnaire

     Arizona Residency Documentation Form or/ Affidavit of Shared Residence

     Student Health and Emergency Information form

     Questionnaire for Kindergarten Parents


Open Enrollment:

For new students living outside the Mountain Shadows enrollment boundaries, please apply

for Open Enrollment online at the Deer Valley Unified School District website at 

Important Dates:

November 2, 2015                   Open Enrollment begins for 2016-17 school year

December 11, 2015                 Priority Open Enrollment deadline

July 16, 2016                           Kindergarten early entry testing

January 28, 2016                    Kindergarten Sneak Peek

August 4, 2016                        Meet the Teacher Night

August 10, 2016                      First Day of the 2016-17 school year


Under state law, schools must have written proof of immunization before admitting a child to school. Generally, most types of records supplied by the health care provider are acceptable, as are records supplied by a previous school.

Immunizations required are described in the Health Center section of the Parent/Student handbook. After the immunization record has been reviewed, the school will notify you if your child's immunizations are incomplete. If you receive such a notice, please have the missing vaccinations(s) taken care of as soon as possible so he/she can continue school without interruption.

If your child should not be immunized because of a medical condition, personal belief, or natural immunity (i.e., he/she has already had the vaccine preventable disease), you must file a Request for Exemption with the school.