Degrees and Certifications:
B.S.: University of Wisconsin - Stout M.S.: Southern Connecticut State University M.A.: The Ohio State University M.A.: Marian University
Ms. Joan Wick, Principal
Welcome Back Park Meadows Families,
I am looking forward to the school year starting and having all the students and staff back on campus. The student’s first day back is Wednesday, August 10th.
I am proud to announce that once again our students performed very well on AZ Merit. We continue to have the highest reading and math scores for Title I in the district. Looking at our math scores only 6 schools in the district scored higher than us (which means we scored 7th out of the 39 schools in the district). In the area of reading only 11 schools scored higher than us (which means we scored 12th out of 39 schools in the district). Park Meadows would not be able to continue performing without your ongoing support along with the dedicated staff here at Park Meadows.
DVUSD and Park Meadows, are committed to student safety. We appreciate your patience as we implement the changes:
- We now have a buzzer system door in the lobby area. Visitors will need to sign in, same process as previous years, you can still come to breakfast and lunch with your child(ren). The change is not being able to walk your child to class (after the first couple of days).
- The next change is the pickup procedure at the end of the day. Each family will be given a number at the open house. This number will need to be displayed in your car window so staff can radio your number to the pickup area to ensure your child(ren) are ready for pickup as you proceed to the pickup area. 2nd – 6th grade students will be in the 2nd/3rd grade gate area for pickup (main parking lot area). PreK-1st will be in the next parking lot area (smaller drive through area).
- No students will be along the curb area until their parent/guardian comes around the drive up area, in either pickup area.
These changes are to ensure the safety of the students as cars move through the parking lot areas. This procedure will take time to get used to, but it has been successful at other schools in the district.
Other changes include:
- The new color scheme of Park Meadows
New Staff to Park Meadows: As we continue to grow we have added some new positions, had staff movement on campus, three staff that have left campus, and filled open para vacancies.
- Val Wilson – .5 gifted (shared with Mirage)
- Joelle Carrington - .5 Reading Specialist (working with 4th – 6th grade)
- Heather Henderson – School Psychologist
- Wendy Krieg – 1st grade
- Jennifer Gebhardt – 1st grade
- Deb Adair – Art
- Julie Shinsky – 4th grade
- Laurie Alford – 6th grade Math
- Brandon Padilla – Teacher on Assignment
- Irene Colburn – Para
- Cassandra Wilkerson – Para
- Cathy Aldridge – Para
- Helen Farinacci – Para
- Deborah Nagorka - Para
Staff that switched positions on campus:
- Nancy Lorimer – ELD 2nd/3rd grade
- Vicki Morris – ELD 1st grade
- Katie Wilda – 3rd grade
- Lisa Hainline – Reading Specialist 2nd/3rd grade
- Shelby Gibson – Reading Specialist K/1st grade
- Trish Ramirez – 2nd grade
I look forward to working with you again this school year. Please call if you have questions.
Joan Wick, Principal
Park Meadows Elementary School