This platform provides a central place for teachers to collect and deliver content. It also connects students to digital resources and materials and allows students the opportunity to virtually collaborate.Here are just a few features of Canvas:
- Communication tools for discussions, updates, and student support
- Several options for content and assignments
- Integrates external resources and apps
- Functionality on a variety of devices
Parents and Students New to Canvas - START HERE!
Login to DVUSD's Canvas
Students & staff, use your DVUSD username & password.Please Note: Internet Explorer is NOT a supported browser. Chrome, Firefox, & Safari browsers are recommended. View more about web browsers supported by Canvas.
- DVUSD Canvas Direct Login Page - Students AND Parents can directly access DVUSD's Canvas site
- DVUSD Start Page - Students can log in & click the Canvas button
- DVUSD Portal - Students can log in & click Canvas from menu on left; click "More" if not displayed
- Canvas Mobile Apps for Students and Parents
Tips for Success with Canvas - Webinar
Tips for Success with Canvas & Zoom
Puntos para tener éxito con Canvas y Zoom
Parent/Guardian Access to Canvas
Parents & Guardians can sign up to have an observer account in Canvas through the DVUSD Canvas website and have their very own app: Canvas Parent.Observers can link their Canvas account to their student's account so they can see assignment dues dates, announcements, and other course content. Observers can view the course content but cannot participate in the course.
Note: Students need to create a pairing code for observers to link their accounts.For more information on using Canvas as a Parent/Guardian, here is the Canvas Observer Guide and a video introduction.
Passport to Canvas - Student Quick Start Guide
Students who are new to Canvas or may not have experienced all facets of Canvas use, may want to join this student quick start course - https://dvusd.instructure.com/enroll/JMALBE
(DVUSD user account required.)
Students will earn badges by viewing all the pages in each of the nine modules - Global Navigation, Communication Tools, Navigating a Course, Assignments, Quizzes, Discussions, Grades & Feedback, Peer Interactions, & Student App. [Students can view earned badges in their Canvas account under 'My Badges'.]
Students can also check out these video tutorials for students getting started with Canvas and the Canvas Student Guide.