Welcome to theSandra Day O'Connor High School Library!
iPad information for 2018-19 school yearGeneral Information:
DVUSD Student username and password info:Username- student's first name initial, middle name initial, first 3 letters of last name, last 3 numbers of student ID number)Password- student's ID number
- Every student on campus may check out an iPad for school use. A signed Device User Agreement form (signed by parent/guardian and student) is required for checkout.
- The only apps students may install on a school iPad are district apps found in the District App Catalog. There is no public App Store on a student iPad.
- Students may not use personal Apple IDs on iPads.
- All students have been assigned a school Apple ID (email@example.com). An email with Apple ID info will be sent to new students' learner.dvusd.org email accounts.
- Every student is assigned a district Google account. Login is same as for school email (see below).
DVUSD Student eMailHow to set up school email on iPad:
- Open Settings app on ipad
- Select Accounts & Password OR Mail > Add Account > Google (If Google email won’t open…your iPad is probably not on the district network. Wait an hour.)
- Follow instructions. Be sure to enter your district email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and district password (your school ID number). School email is connected to your district Google account.
- Turn on Notes and tap Save.
DVUSD Student Apple ID
How to set up a district Apple ID: (email@example.com)
- Open your dvusd.org email account
- Open your email from Apple Manager
- You should see your new Apple ID username and temporary password. Don’t open the Apple Manager link in the email. Go to next step below. If no email, go to email request link below.
- Open Settings > iTunes and App Store > Sign In
- New OC students: Copy and paste the username and temporary password from your Apple Manager email into sign in fields. You’ll be asked to create a new password
- Returning OC students: Sign into your district Apple ID. (firstname.lastname@example.org) If you’ve forgotten your password, go to password reset link below!
~ How to set up district Apple ID- Slides presentation ~ (You will need to be logged into your district google account to view this.)
You will have to be logged into your school Google account (learner.dvusd.org) to access the request form.
Additional iPad InformationHow to use your DVUSD iPad Google Slides Presentation(You must be logged into district Google account to view.)Please go to the iPads page (on the left menu) for more information about iPads.
- Do you know the answer? - For more SAT preparation help, check out the Internet Links main menu item and then select SAT.- Practice your search skills using Google tools.Library Hours
Before School - 7:00 - 7:35
During School - 7:45 - 2:15 (show your iPad pass when you enter, scan barcode for a return pass)
After School - 2:15 - 3:25
Note: The library closes at 11:00 AM on early release days.
The mission of the SDOHS Library/Media staff is to work collaboratively with teachers and students to support academics, to promote reading for pleasure and information, and to prepare our community of learners with the life-long skills necessary to be competent, critical, ethical, and independent seekers and users of information.
Not sure about the teacher part of teacher librarian?Here's a listing of Information Literacy Lessons available at SDOHS.
Contact Information:Gail Salameh - Teacher Librariangail.email@example.comCirculation Desk - 623-445-7197