Welcome to CERAMICS!
Here are some tips and tricks for being successful in the Home Learning (virtual) environment:
Should you have trouble with technology, let me know first and hopefully we can figure it out.If not, here is a link to fill out a "HELP" desk ticket for our IS & T.
- Set up a work station. Find a quiet place to work, with good WiFi, adequate lighting, a comfy place to sit, and all the materials you will need (non-lined paper, a black pen and sharpened pencils for the first week, your iPad or a computer, etc.).
- Make sure that your device is charged and ready to use.
- Have a drink and snack handy.
- Limit your distractions. Put away your phone and log out of all social media. Remind your family that you will be working in order to ensure that you won't be disturbed during class time.
- Time management is critical for online learning success. Plan out your day to the best of your ability.
- To access our class, you will use Canvas. Check Canvas frequently to stay up to date on what is going on in class.
- We will also utilize Zoom meetings for daily direct instruction. You will be expected to sign in using your first and last name, or you will not be allowed to join the class. Please have a non-distracting background if possible, because your camera will be on. I suggest utilizing headphones, especially if you are in an area with other people. You can find the information for accessing our Zoom meetings on Canvas.