7:00 PM Governing Board Meeting
December 20, 2019
December 23, 2019
December 24, 2019
December 25, 2019
December 26, 2019
December 27, 2019
December 30, 2019
December 31, 2019
The Deer Valley Unified School District kindergarten registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now underway! Students need to be 5 years old by August 31, 2020.
If your child will be 5 years old between September 1 to December 31, 2020, you can have your child tested for early entry. Early Entry Testing will take place during the summer of 2020. You can sign up for Early Entry Testing beginning February 6, 2020.How to Register Your Child for KindergartenTo register a child, visit the school in your attendance boundary, or the school of your choice,* during the school day and during special kindergarten events.
To register your child for Kindergarten, Parents need to bring these documents:
- original birth certificate or a certified copy
- immunization records
- proof of residence (utility bill, house payment receipt, rent receipt, escrow document or lease agreement)
- and legal guardian or custody papers if applicable.
* If you want to place your child in a school out of your school's attendance boundary, or if you live outside the Deer Valley Unified School District, you need to complete an open enrollment application. See the open enrollment information and online application.
Registration forms are available below. Download and fill out before getting to the school.
Welcome Kindergarten Parents!
This is a new and exciting time for you and your child. It will be a time of change and new beginnings – new surroundings, new friends, new skills, and new challenges. We promise to nurture and care for your child in a safe and secure environment. By working together, we will make it a happy and rewarding experience. Deer Valley Unified School District’s highly-qualified teachers provide regular and ongoing communication with parents about their child’s experiences and progress.
We are thrilled to offer a free full-day kindergarten program at all of our schools. We know that when our youngest students are provided with the tools necessary to develop strong academic, social, and emotional skills, they will succeed in school and in the future.Deer Valley provides a “specials” class (art, music, or PE) every day for our kindergarteners. This unique offering gives our students the greatest opportunity to enhance overall learning, growth, creativity, and physical development. In addition, several studies have shown that these types of classes increase achievement in literacy and mathematics as well.Deer Valley Unified School District is a prestigious, award-winning PreK-12 district where we provide multiple pathways for our students to be college and career ready when they graduate. Throughout their years in DVUSD, our students have the opportunity to enroll in a variety of specialized programs, as we work toward developing tomorrow’s leaders. We will provide them with 21st century skills to compete nationally and internationally in both academic and career options that they might choose for their future.
Students are provided with technology-rich classrooms where learning extends beyond the school walls. Fine arts and full athletic programs encourage students to discover their talents and become active members of their school communities.
Deer Valley is committed to being the best. Educators receive a wealth of professional development and guidance in teaching. All teachers are highly-qualified and properly certified and endorsed, so they are able to provide extraordinary opportunities for every student in their classroom.
So when you ask… Why choose Deer Valley? Our response is simple. Because your student deserves the best education. Welcome to DVUSD!
Deer Valley… the right fit for YOUR family?
- DVUSD is one of the top districts in Arizona with the highest number of dollars invested back into students’ education.
- Most DVUSD schools are rated A or B
- We provide students with several #Extraordinary options, including Mandarin Chinese immersion, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), Career/Technical Education, International Baccalaureate, and more!
- Last year, 95 percent of our students graduated with more than $63 million dollars in scholarships