ELA(English Language Arts), Science, Social Studies
July 31, 2020
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome to 6th Grade at Village Meadows. This school year is an exciting one where school may look different, but we still have the extraordinary learning that aligns with our school, families, and district mission and values. We are Viking Strong and that in itself will allow us to sail through a successful school year.
We will begin this school year Monday, August 3, 2020 at 8:45. You will need to log into Canvas to your homeroom where there will be a zoom icon/picture to click on to enter the classroom. This is where you will enter Monday – Friday – Your Homeroom Course Zoom.
I will be putting out information, news, and happenings, to this homepage every week or more.
It takes a Village and we in the Village Meadows Community are here for each other; take care of yourself, look forward to your daily learning and growing. Each and every one of you are extraordinary!
**Curriculum Night - Thank you to all the families that attended Virtual Curriculum Night. If you could not make Curriculum Night or if you want to review what was presented please click on the Curriculum Night Link in blue, then you will be able to review the Presentation. If you have any questions please reach out to myself or Mr. Marino. Thank you!**
News and Happenings:
Week 17 - November 30th - December 4th
- School Board Meeting - Tuesday - 12/8 at 7:00 pm - Go to DVUSD Website - Governing Board to watch it Livestream.
- WOW - Wednesday Next Wednesday via Virtual in the Classroom
- 2nd Quarter ends December 15th - Be sure all missing work and makeup work is turned in prior to that day.
- We will begin reading "Bud, Not Buddy" This week.
- Having trouble with your chromebook or need some tech advice? You can message me or call the school office. We are here to help.
- Check websites and emails(Parents/Families) often for updates and information.
- Thanksgiving break Homework Due November 30th - This practice and continued learning is important. (Late work will be deducted points)
- Schedules are posted on website. Please be patient and flexible.
- Remember to be ON TIME to school by 8:45! Be a Responsible Viking and be at school- ON TIME!!
- EARLY Release this Friday - December 4th - 90 minute early release
- STUDENTS - NEED to be in attendance daily and doing their assignments and work. In class we still use Canvas to complete work and submit. STUDENTS must SUBMIT assignments to have them counted. Please reach out if you have any questions or need any support.
- Students need to log into Imagine Learning for a mininmum of 60 minutes a week. The can log more time; however, 60 minutes is the goal. This work may benefit their grade. It is an opportunity to better their reading.
- CONGRATULATIONS ON THIS WEEK's Wednesday's Super Achiever - Sebastian Marquez