By the time the students completes this course of study, the student will:
- Have enhanced study and test taking skills.
- Have an increased appreciation of the world around us.
- Have developed critical thinking skills.
- Be prepared for college level courses in science.
In addition to the course objectives listed above, the following College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Writing are also embedded;
- Standard 1- Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Standard 2- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content.
- Standard 9- Draw evidence from literary or informational texts to support analysis, reflection, and research.