EXPECTATIONS FOR A SUCCESSFUL BUS RIDE
Respect on a bus is:
- Always use appropriate language.
- Be courteous, remain seated and facing front with feet on the floor.
- Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior at all bus stops.
- Do not throw anything in or out of the bus.
- No gum chewing, eating, or drinking anything other than water.
Responsibility on a bus is:
- Be ready to board the bus on time.
- Display courteous and respectful conduct to yourself and others.
- Follow bus procedures, as directed by the bus driver.
- Report illegal or inappropriate activities.
- Be accountable for your electronic devices.
Caring on a bus is:
- A student moves over to a different seat without hesitation.
- Use the trash can by the driver.
- Wait for the bus on the sidewalk.
- Do not deface or damage property on the bus or at the bus stop.
- Speak kindly to peers and your driver.
- Own your behavior and work to improve your behavior when mistakes are made.
ITEMS THAT MUST BE PROPERLY STORED
SKATEBOARDS, ROLLERBLADES, AND SCOOTERS MUST BE IN A BACKPACK OR SOME OTHER TYPE OF CLOSED BAG.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED ON THE BUS
GLASS, ANIMALS, INSECTS, LASER PENS, PAINTBALLS, AND MEDICATIONS. (This is not an all-inclusive list)
Large musical instruments and sports equipment are required to be transported by the parent/guardian to and from school.
DVUSD bus drivers are required to follow DPS Minimum Safety Standard guidelines.
Parents, please review this information with your children. Thank you!