EXPECTATIONS FOR A SUCCESSFUL BUS RIDE
Respect on a bus is:
- Always using appropriate language.
- Being courteous, remain seated and facing front with feet on the floor.
- Keeping your hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Demonstrating appropriate behavior at all bus stops.
- Not throwing anything in or out of the bus.
- No gum chewing, eating, or drinking anything other than water.
Responsibility on a bus is:
- Be ready to board the bus on time.
- Displaying courteous and respectful conduct to yourself and others.
- Following bus procedures.
- Reporting illegal or inappropriate activities.
- Being accountable for your electronic devices.
Caring on a bus is:
- Student moves over in the seat without hesitation.
- Using the trash can by the driver.
- Waiting for the bus on the sidewalk.
- Not defacing or damaging property on the bus or at the bus stop.
- Speaking kindly to peers and your driver.
- Owning your behavior and work to improve your behavior when mistakes are made.
ITEMS THAT MUST BE CONTAINED
SKATEBOARDS, ROLLERBLADES, AND SCOOTERS, MUST BE IN BACKPACK OR SOME OTHER TYPE OF CLOSED BAG.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED ON THE BUS
GLASS, ANIMALS, INSECTS, LASER PENS, PAINTBALLS, AND MEDICATIONS. (Not an all inclusive list)
- Large musical instruments are required to be transported by the parent/guardian to and from school.
* We are required to follow DPS Minimum Safety Standard guidelines.
* Parents – Please review this important information with your child.