Procedures to Request a Public Record
The Deer Valley Unified School District Governing Board recognizes the public’s right to information concerning District actions, policies, and records of educational and business operations. Public records of the District will be open for inspection by any person in accordance with Arizona Public Records Law.
Due to strict compliance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), please be advised that Deer Valley Unified School District redacts protected student directory information in public records, such as:
- Students and/or parent’s addresses
- Students and/or parent’s phone numbers
- Students and/or parent’s electronic mail address
- Student’s photograph
Public records of the district will be open for inspection by any person as provided by law.
- Submit the online request form to the Communications and Community Engagement Department.
- You will be contacted once the documents are prepared.
Regarding public records requests for emails: DVUSD archives emails on a 2-year cycle. This means our archive will contain emails from the past two school years, plus the current school year. Currently, emails available in the DVUSD archive are from the 19-20, and 20-21, 21-22 school years.