We welcome you to Kindergarten at Park Meadows! We are so excited to be a part of your child's learning experience. Kindergarten is an important year for learning and growing. The first day of Kindergarten will mark one of the most important milestones in your child's life.To ensure a wonderful year, please help your child practice skills at home through daily homework assignments and by reading at home everyday together. In our experience, students who are read to at home are the ones who make the most gains throughout the year.Here are some of the things we will be learning this year...
Kind regards,Mrs. Rogers, Mrs. Becker, Mrs. Stansbury and Mrs. Strode
- Recognize, count and write numbers to 20
- Count to 100 from any number by 1s, 5s, & 10s
- Identify shapes (circle, square, rectangle, oval, triangle, diamond)
- Classify & group objects according to size, shape, color, etc....
- Add & subtract within 5
- Recognize & write uppercase and lowercase letters
- Match sounds to each alphabet letter
- Recognize and use rhyming words
- Begin reading words by using initial and ending consonant sounds (cat, hot, wig, ten)
- Recognize high frequency words
- Capitalize the first word in a sentence and use a punctuation mark at the end of a sentence
- Understand how people in communities work together
- Communicate by drawing, telling, or writing for a purpose
For more information visit: