WELCOME ALL! (See audition information on the Fall Play tab)
Drama club meetings are open to all students and usually held on alternate Thursdays right after school in room 312. They end at approximately 3:15. Drama club engages in social activities such as picnics, dances and movie nights. We also engage in community outreach. Please come check us out!
2019-20 DRAMA CLUB DATES
August 15, 29
September 12, 26
October 10, 24
November 7, 21
January 9, 23
February 6, 20
April 2, 16, 30 (Elections for new officers on the 30th)
INDUCTIONS April 21
Other important dates:
Fall Play, October 24-25
Spring Musical, March 5-7
Thespian Inductions, April 21
Drama Banquet, May 2
REMINDWant to get automatic reminders of club meetings and events? Text @dvdrama to 81010. Trouble using that number? Try texting to 646-606-3931 instead.For email reminders, go to www.remind.com/join/dvdrama.
Arizona Thespian FestivalPlan ahead! Each year on a Friday and Saturday in November (November 15 & 16 for 2019) the Arizona Thespians host a two-day festival for students interested in theatre arts. Registration will be approximately $131 for Thespians and $151 for Non-Thespians. This covers transportation, registration, one night at the hotel, and lunch on Saturday. You can earn 2 of the 10 points you need to be inducted as a Thespian simply by attending this festival! (updated 7/23/19.)There are workshops on acting, improv, tech theatre and much more. For more info, go to www.arizonathespians.com. The cost of this event is eligible for tax credit. If you wish to receive the tax credit, please submit the tax credit request form with your registration.
WHAT IS A THESPIAN?A Thespian is a member of the International Thespian Society. Any high school student who is involved in theatre, performance or tech, is eligible to earn points toward induction in this society. If you work at it, you may be able to earn enough points your freshman year!BECOMING A THESPIAN!How can I become a Thespian? Just follow these three easy steps!
1. Attend drama club meetings regularly
2. Work on crews or perform in after school productions, DV’s or community theatre.
3. Fill out a Thespian point sheet at the appropriate drama club meetings.
How do I earn Thespian points?
1. Work on a crew for a play. (Points determined by sponsor.)
2. Perform in an after-school DV or community production. (Points determined by sponsor.)
3. Attend a full-length play or musical and bring Ms. Bell the ticket or program. (One-half point)
4. Attend both days of Thespian Festival (Two points. You may NOT receive separate points for the shows you see there.)
5. Attend another type of festival. (Like the state One Act festival or leadership camp.)
6. Become a Drama Club Officer.
How will I know when I have become eligible to become a Thespian?
You will receive a notice from Ms. Bell once you have:
1. Accumulated 10 points on your Thespian point sheet.
2. Been verified as an active drama club member from the attendance sheets.
3. Been verified that you have earned points in at least TWO DIFFERENT AREAS. (For example: props, costumes, acting, lights, building, sound, publicity, usher, etc.)
Why would I want to become a Thespian?
1. You receive a discount on Festival registration.
2. You may receive discounts on plays/musicals at DV and other high schools.
3. It is an International Honor Society, which looks good on your college application.
4. You can receive awards such as Honor Thespian, with a medallion you can wear at graduation.
5. There will be some activities where only Thespians are invited, or Thespians get first dibs on openings.