There are a few things you should keep in mind for the class.
1. You access the course through www.dvusd.instructure.com with your Novell log-in. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org before the course starts with questions. Once courses start, I prefer you use the Canvas messaging system so I can get back to you straight away.
2. You need to print or save your pacing calendar. Due dates are twice a week, so this gives some flexibility, but my greatest tip for success: do not get behind on due dates. Take a look at your week ahead of time and plan out when you will complete each assignment as assignment times vary.
3. Due dates are not suggestions or optional. Consistently turning work in late is a recipe for failure. Save or print out the document. Due Dates/Close Dates/End Dates. Please manage your time wisely. (Summer courses do not have close or end dates. All assignments are expected by the end of the course.)
4. Always complete the lessons, whether it is a marked done assignment, a reading, a project or assessment. The textbook is available through the link in the navigation or the Read Anywhere app, you do not need to check out a textbook. Readings will always be embedded in the course.
5. Last, know that I am always here to help. Please communicate whenever you need me. I love my subjects, but I teach because I have a passion for teaching you, the students!