Qualifying Gifted Identification ScoresArea Scores: All 3 scores (Verbal, Quantitative, Non‐Verbal) are at the 90th percentile or higher with a total of 280 percentile points or greater combined.~OR~Qualifying I.Q. Score: 132 or higher
Standard v. Provisional Applications
Our goal is to find the most qualified students who will benefit from this unique program each year. Space is limited in our classes, but sometimes we do end up with room in a class or grade level.
- Are accepted in all Application Rounds
- The Qualifying Gifted Identification Scores are:
- All 3 scores (Verbal, Quantitative, Non‐Verbal) are at the 90th percentile or higher with a total of 280 percentile points or greater combined
- Qualifying I.Q. Score of 132 or higher
- No exceptions to the score requirements are permitted
- Not all applications will be accepted
Gifted Services may open up "Provisional Applications" for classrooms where space is available. These are to allow us to place students who come very close to meeting the standard application gifted score requirements but just missed the cut-off.
- Students scoring at minimum 280 or have a full-scale IQ of 130+ are eligible to apply for Provisional Placements
- The full application must be completed in order for a child to be placed.
- Please email us ahead of time if you are applying based on provisional qualifications. email@example.com
- Provisional applications will be accepted as space is available and appropriate for the learner
Apply to Renaissance
**Please note** In order to process an application, we need the individual documentation for each required area. This means that gifted scores, report cards, and academic scores are not interchangable and one cannot take the place of the other. Please make sure you have documentation for each. It is also recommended you use Google Chrome browser for the application.Please note that students going into 1st grade may be placed in a K-1 class or a 1st/2nd grade class depending on enrollment numbers at the campus. Either configuration will be taught by our Renaissance or Bright Child teachers. If we do have enough students to create a 1st grade class, that is our goal, but typically we do not have enough students at that grade level to form their own class.
Placement ProceduresAll applications received before each round's cut off will have an equal chance for placement. The candidate will be evaluated with our rubric, and students with the highest rubric scores will be placed in the open spots first. If we still have open spots after a given round, we will continue on to further rounds each following the same process. If there are no open spots remaining, but we have more qualifying candidates, we will begin wiating lists in the event a spot may open over the summer.
If you are living in the school boundaries already, and your child is already enrolled at the school, you do not have to do anything outside of the Renaissance application.
If you are not currently living in Canyon Springs/Highland Lakes/ Las Brisas/ Hillcrest boundaries, Please Read carefully!
The open enrollment process is separate from the Renaissance application process. Please do not complete open enrollment until after you receive an acceptance/placement letter. Students accepted into Renaissance are guaranteed open enrollment approval.
Renaissance SiblingsIf you have other siblings you would like to attend one of our Renaissance schools but they are not part of the Renaissance program, you can apply for open enrollment for them also. We suggest you apply for open enrollment as soon as possible for all of your children. The Gifted Services Department can only guarantee enrollment for students accepted into the program.