2020-2021 School Year
All placements are now closed for the school year.
2021-2022 School Year(Next Year)Application Dates:
Fall 2020 - Accepting Standard Applications Only
Applications Open Online - November 2nd
Spring 2021 - Accepting Standard Applications Only
Round 1 Applications Due - May 4th
Round 2 Applications Due - May 18th
Summer 2021 - Accepting Standard & Provisional Applications
Round 1 - June TBA
Round 2 - June TBA
Round 3 - July TBA
Round 4 - July TBA (Final round before school begins)
Fall 2021 -
Standard VS Provisional Applications
Our goal is to find the most qualified students who will benefit from this unique program each year. Space is limited in our classes, but sometimes we do end up with extra room in a class or grade level. In order to ensure the most qualified applicants are placed we:
- Use a rubric to evaluate each applicant in each area of the application
- Place the applicants in open spots according to highest rubric scores first
- Only accept standard applications in the first two Application Rounds
- Open placement in small classes in the Summer Application Rounds to Provisional Applicants but accept Standard Applications in all rounds and still use the placement rubric for placing the most qualified applicant in each round
- Are accepted in all Application Rounds beginning in May
- Are what is explained on this page and in flyers/handouts
- The Qualifying Gifted Identification Scores are:
- All 3 scores (Verbal, Quantitative, Non‐Verbal) are at the 90th percentile or higher with a total of 280 percentile points or greater combined
- Qualifying I.Q. Score of 132 or higher
- No exceptions to the score requirements are made at this time
- Not all applications will be accepted
During our summer rounds we may open up "Provisional Applications" for specific classrooms that have room. These are to allow us to place students who come very close to meeting the standard application gifted score requirements but just missed the cut off. It also ensures the most qualified applicants always have the first chance for placements.
- Only students scoring 95+Verbal, 95+Quantitative, and 80+Nonverbal or have a full scale IQ of 130+ will be considered for Provisional Placements
- Please do not apply before the Summer Application Rounds open and it is indicated on this website that we have room in a specific class
- The full application must be completed
- Students will still be evaluated with our placement rubric, and the most qualifying applicants in each round will be placed first
- Not all applications will be accepted
Apply to Renaissance
**Please note** In order to process an application, we need the individual documentation for each required area. This means that gifted scores, report cards, and academic scores are not interchangable and one cannot take the place of the other. Please make sure you have documentation for each. It is also recommended you use Google Chrome browser for the application.Please note that students going into 1st grade may be placed in a K-1 class or a 1st/2nd grade class depending on enrollment numbers at the campus. Either configuration will be taught by our Renaissance or Bright Child teachers. If we do have enough students to create a 1st grade class, that is our goal, but typically we do not have enough students at that grade level to form their own class.
Placement ProceduresAll applications received before each round's cut off will have an equal chance for placement. The candidate will be evaluated with our rubric, and students with the highest rubric scores will be placed in the open spots first. If we still have open spots after a given round, we will continue on to further rounds each following the same process. If there are no open spots remaining, but we have more qualifying candidates, we will begin wiating lists in the event a spot may open over the summer.
If you are living in the school boundaries already, and your child is already enrolled at the school, you do not have to do anything outside of the Renaissance application.
If you are not currently living in Canyon Springs/Highland Lakes boundaries, Please Read carefully!
Prior to being accepted into the Renaissance Academy - Please open-enroll your child at the school only if your child will attend the school regardless of acceptance into Renaissance Academy. The open enrollment process is separate from the Renaissance application process. Please do not mark that your child was accepted into the Renaissance Academy until that process is completed and you have been notified. If you do this before acceptance, you will only complicate and slow down the enrollment process.
If your child will only attend the school if he/she is accepted into the Renaissance academy, please do not complete open enrollment until after you receive an acceptance/placement letter. Students accepted into Renaissance are guaranteed open enrollment approval.
Renaissance SiblingsIf you have other siblings you would like to attend one of our Renaissance schools but they are not part of the Renaissance program, you can apply for open enrollment for them also. We suggest you apply for open enrollment as soon as possible for all of your children. The Gifted Services Department can only guarantee enrollment for students accepted into the program.