- The Collections Curriculum is used to introduce a theme followed by Literature Studies.
- Dissecting literature and informative texts through written responses, annotation, and discussions with cooperative learning.
- Providing text evidence to support a response, identify/analyze elements of literature, and plot diagrams
- RACE Method: Restate, Answer, Cite Evidence, Elaborate
- Writing with complete sentences, capitalization, and correct use of commas, dashes and hyphens
TYPES OF WRITING
- Use of Collections Curriculum to teach the writing process and elements of the different types of writing
Students will be writng across the curriculumn:
- Narrative (Reading)
- Argumentative (Social Studies)
- Informative (Science)
- Literary Analysis (Reading)
Presenting Skills (All Content Areas)
Keys to student success:
- Pay attention and participate in class
- Think, think, think
- Ask questions…lots of them – questions encourage thinking
- Use time given in class to complete work
- Complete homework
- READ, READ, READ!
How parents can help their student:
- Promote nonfiction reading.
- Talk to your child about what they’re reading. Even read the same book to facilitate discussions.
- Make reading part of your child’s daily routine.
- If needed check homework websites.
How is your child's grade calculated?
60% Tests and Quizzes
Collections login instructions can be found in Canvas