4th Grade Classroom Grading Policy
Retakes/corrections can be done in Reading and Math Only for students that score 69% or below on tests. Students have one week to make arrangements with the teacher for re-take. After one week, re-takes will not be allowed. If absent, per district policy students have one day for each day absent to make up work.
Absent work will be accepted 1 day late for every day they were absent; late homework, class work, and/or projects will not be accepted late. Late work and missing work will be given a 49%.
B = 80-89%
C = 70-79%
D = 60-69%
F = 0-59%
- In addition to letter grades for core subjects i.e., Mathematics, Reading, English Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, students will be given a "number performance level" 4-1 for each Arizona College and Career Ready State Standard, each quarter.
Performance Level for Arizona College and Career Ready State Standards:
- 4 = Demonstrates above grade level proficiency independently
(The student consistently demonstrates above grade level proficiency independently for this reporting period.)
- 3 = Demonstrates grade level proficiency independently
(The student consistently demonstrates proficiency for the grade level concepts and skills independently for this reporting period.)
( The student usually demonstrates the skill or understands the concepts and meets grade level expectations with support for this reporting period.)
- 2 = Demonstrates grade level proficiency with support
(The student performs below grade level with support and is not meeting expectations for this reporting period.)
- 1 = Demonstrates below grade level proficiency with support
- Assignments and assessments that are evaluated for a grade will be returned with a point value and/or a % score.
- Some assignments serve as practice only, and these will not always count toward the overall grade (i.e., classwork, group activities, math homework, etc.) These assignments would likely be returned with (i.e., check plus, check, or check minus, sticker, star). While these do not always count for points toward a student's overall grade, they are an important part of practicing newly-learned skills and count toward citizenship.
- Grades will be entered into PowerSchools weekly
- Most assignments may be redone and will be graded to show student's level of mastery based on the objective of the assignment.
- It is essential that students demonstrate understanding of the academic standards and skills being practiced; therefore, students who do not have their homework may be required to complete it during lunch.
- Loss of credit- 10% off each day late. After Day 5, the highest grade possible is 50%.
- In orer to allow teachers to process end of quarter grades and prepare report cards, late work will not be accepted the last week of the quarter.