*Wednesday, Aug. 7th
1. Retrieve the following handouts from the back 101/102 tray: Attitude, Dual Enrollment Policy with Video Permission Form on the back, Rio Registration Flier, Fall Vocab., and Canvas Policy with Week-by-Week on the back (5 handouts total).
2. View 101 Day 1 slide show in Canvas - Resources module. Ask another student what to highlight on the Dual Enrollment Policy form. Please ask if you have any questions regarding the handouts of slide show.
*Thursday, Aug. 8th
1. Access 2019 Welcome ENG 101 Full slide show in Canvas - Resources module (for Day 2 only, see slides 12-31 - we discussed 1-11 yesterday in class). :)
2. Ask another student or Mrs. Bondi regarding what to highlight on the Canvas Policy handout; once you have read and highlighted this handout make sure you go in to Canvas, Resources module, access the Canvas Policy Agreement Assignment, complete it ("I have read this"), and submit! +10
3. Retrieve purple Graduation Form in back 101/102 tray; get it signed and turn it in to the front make-up tray upon your return.
4. Reminder: Canvas Policy Agreement Assign. is due tomorrow/Friday by 7:30 AM to Canvas, signed Dual Enrollment/Video Permission form is due tomorrow in class, and rememer to enroll & pay for this class online!
*Friday, Aug. 9th
1. Turn in signed purple Graduation Form & Dual Enrollment/Video Permission form to the front make-up tray upon your return to class (Per. 2 - turn in any Aca Prep forms as well).
2. We played a Vocab. Game - Lesson 1; students received points for participating. If absent today, you will be excused from the activitiy. Remember to look over Lesson 1 words!
3. Reminder: Show & Tell Symbolic Object & 6 Word Memoir are due on Monday (object in class & memoir emailed by 7:30 AM).
*Monday, Aug. 12th
1. Think of someone who has inspired you; we will do an activity regarding this on Thursday, 8/15. :)
2. Reminder: Enroll & pay for ENG 101! We will have a Rio representative on campus this Thursday; you may go during class if you are experiencing difficulty.
3. To make up points for Show & Tell/Symbolic Object Activity, email Mrs. Bondi regarding what your symbolic object is AND explain why that symbolizes you.
4. Access Humans of Glendale slide show in Canvas - Description module. Ask if you have any questions regarding this assignment.
*Tuesday, Aug. 13th
1. Reminders: Think of someone who has inspired you; we will do an activity with this on Thursday. Also, enroll and pay for this class! You may visit our Rio representative during class this Thursday if you are experiencing difficulty.
2. Make an appointment with Mrs. Bondi upon your return to make up the ENG 101 Writing Diagnostic. +20
3. We looked at some student samples of 6 Word Memoirs from both class periods; points are entered in PS. :)
*Wednesday, Aug. 14th
1. Access Predrafting Practice slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. In your notes (electronic or hard copy), write and label all 7 strategies of Predrafting (include a shortened definition of each), and complete the practice for those strategies that include a shortened practice. SHOW MRS. BONDI YOUR DEFINITIONS AND PRACTICE upon your return to class to receive your points. +10
2. Remember to come in tomorrow with a person's name who has inspired you; what did he/she do to inspire you? Activity regarding this tomorrow! Also, you may meet with our Rio rep. during the second part of class if you are experiencing difficulty registering/paying for Rio.
*Thursday, Aug. 15th
1. Please access Mom Letter in Canvas - Resources module; this is the letter I wrote and shared with my mother before she passed. One of our Rio Competencies is to organize writing to support a central idea through unity, coherence, and logical development appropriate to a specific writing context. Today students did this and wrote a letter to someone who had inspired them. Please bring your letter to class upon your return, and we can discuss next steps. :) +15
*Friday, Aug. 16th
1. Access The Basics Notes Day 1 slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. Take notes on the examples (where the "take notes" picture is). Click on "SNL" on slide 15 to view the skit. Make sure to follow instructions on slide 16 for two of your five general topics. We will continue The Basics on Monday!
*Monday, Aug. 19th
1. We reviewed The Basics Notes Day 1 - General, Less General, Limited Subject, Purpose, Audience, Tone, Point of View, and Thesis. Make sure you know these - Quiz on Wednesday! Also, make sure you are enrolled and pay for this class! Help Desk number is 480-517-8080, and our Rio rep. will be here this Thursday.
2. Please access Day 2 Back to Basics slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. Please complete your homework based on the instructions in the slide show. As stated, bring your typed, hard copy of your homework to class upon your return.
*Tuesday, Aug. 20th
1. Review the following: General, Less General, & Limited Subjects, as well as TTAPP using your posted Basics Notes (Days 1 & 2). Quiz over this information is tomorrow!
2. Access posted Microtheme Scoring Thesis Notes slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. On the hard copy of yesterday's homework, score your homework based on the slide show. Turn in your completed tasks and score out of 47 on your homework in the front make-up tray upon your return to class. +47
3. The last three slides in the above slide show are notes about Thesis Statements; please write down these notes on a hard copy; you will receive points for writing these notes down. We will continue discussing Thesis Statements tomorrow.
*Wednesday, Aug. 21st
1. Make an appointment with Mrs. Bondi upon your return to class to make up Basics Quiz. +14
2. Access posted Three Tasks slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. Complete these three tasks, under your Thesis Notes from yesterday; make sure someone "signs off"/initials that you have done each task correctly. You will be turning these notes in tomorrow!
3. Draw a line under these three tasks, and label your notes "Summarizing, Paraphrasing, & Quoting." Access any skit via YouTube, etc., view the skit, and write a summary of it. We will discuss this summary, along with paraphrasing and quoting tomorrow.
*Thursday, Aug. 22nd
1. We reviewed the Basics Quiz from yesterday; please schedule a time with Mrs. Bondi if you would like to go over the answers.
2. Access Summarizing, Paraphrasing, Quoting Day 1 slide show posted in Canvas - The Basics module. Complete the activities in this slide show, and take notes on the slides that have a paper/pencil picture. You will turn in these notes tomorrow!
*Friday, Aug. 23rd
1. Access posted Summarizing, Paraphrasing, & Quoting Day 2 slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. Turn in your Notes to the front make-up tray upon your return to class with all three tasks, summary, and paraphrased quote for points! +15
2. Reminder: your article based on one of the three prompts is due in class on Monday, 8/26 (see posted Prompts for Article in Canvas - The Basics module).
3. Access posted Ellipses, Interpolation, sic slide show in Canvas - The Basics module. Make sure you know ALL of this information! Ask if you have any questions!