Stetson Hills School Library Rules
- Respect property and others
- Use quiet voices
- Use shelf markers when looking at books
- When coming to the Library Media Center without a teacher:
- Library Passes are required
- Students MUST sign in and out at the Circulation Desk
- Return materials on time (usually within two weeks)
- If you use a computer other than the Library Search Kiosk, log off the computer when you leave and use technology appropriately
- Walk at all times
- Follow directions
Be a Learner
- Be an active listener
- Know the rules and follow them
The Stetson Hills LMC collection consists of more than 16,000 items, available to students, staff and parents. The LMC is open daily from 8:00 AM for staff members and 8:30 AM for students. The LMC closes at 3:45 PM daily.
Children from kindergarten through the 8th grade may check out books as follows:
- Kindergarten - 1 book for 2 weeks
- 1st Grade - 1 book for 2 weeks
- 2nd Grade - 2 books for 2 weeks
- 3rd - 6th Grades - 3 books for 2 weeks
- 7th - 8th Grades - 4 books for 2 weeks
Books may be renewed once if there are no holds on the title. Students are required to renew the book on the due date. Library privileges are suspended until an overdue book is returned, renewed or paid for if lost or damaged.
It is suggested to students that books be kept in backpacks when not being read. This will allow students to have their books when it’s their day to visit the LMC and to protect them from harm. Please be mindful of water bottles placed in backpacks. This can quickly ruin books! Always use the outside holders.
Please remember: Students are responsible for the books they check out. If a book is damaged or lost, the student will be asked to pay for the book. Until the book is paid for or returned, a student’s check out privileges are suspended. The care of books helps maintain our library collection for all of our students.
Young Adult Books: The Stetson Hills LMC has a collection of books marked with a gold "YA" label for books designated as "Young Adult". These selections are designated "YA" due to content - not reading ability. Students other than 7th and 8th grades are blocked from checking out these materials.
Computers are available for student use during regularly scheduled class visits as well as for students on passes. They may be used for assigned class work, research, and testing. Students and parents/guardians must read and understand the Internet and E-mail User Agreement and both must sign the Acknowledgements and Verifications form before students are allowed to use the computers. Computers are monitored and privileges can be canceled for violations of this agreement. The District offers students space on the server to save school projects; however, students must provide their own USB drive to save files for use elsewhere.