Welcome to Deer Valley Unified School District's Theatre Programs!
HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE COURSES OFFERED:Theatre 1-2This course is designed to acquaint students with acting, theatre production, theatre history, puppetry, pantomime, and dramatic activities
Theatre 3-4This course helps students develop dramatic skills and acting techniques through participation in children't theatre and one-act plays. Prerequisite: Theatre 1-2
Advanced TheatreThis advanced level course is an in depth study of the various aspects of the theatre and acting. Students will apply a variety of acting and directing techniques as they produce one act and full length plays. Outside class time may be required Prerequisite: Theatre 3-4Advanced Performance Theatre
This in-depth study of acting, scene development and theatre production will enable students to select scripts for production and performance. The students will be responsible for all aspects of the production. Outside class time may be required. Prerequisite: Advanced Theatre
This course will introduce students to the technical and mechanical aspects of the theatre. Students will draft their own designs and construct stage scenery, as well as learn to use the lighting and sound equipment for the stage. Outside class time is required.
HIGH SCHOOL THEATRE PROGRAMS:
ALL PROGRAMS SPONSOR A DRAMA CLUB AND PERFORM AT LEAST ONE PLAY AND ONE MUSICAL A YEAR! PLEASE LOOK BELOW FOR SPECIFIC INFORMATION ABOUT EACH PROGRAM.
BARRY GOLDWATER HIGH SCHOOL
- TEACHER: AMELIA HUOT
- EMAIL: Amelia.Huot@dvusd.org
- WEBSITE: Coming Soon!
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: MEMBERS OF THESPIAN SOCIETY,
BOULDER CREEK HIGH SCHOOL
- TEACHER: BOB SCHWARZ
- EMAIL: Bob.Schwarz@dvusd.org
- WEBSITE: Coming Soon!
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: MEMBERS OF THESPIAN SOCIETY
DEER VALLEY HIGH SCHOOL
- TEACHER: BECKY BELL
- EMAIL: Becky.Bell@dvusd.org
- WEBSITE: https://www.dvusd.org/Page/18212
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: MEMBERS OF THESPIAN SOCIETY, TECHNICAL THEATER IS A CTE PROGRAM
MOUNTAIN RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
- TEACHER: LAURA NARDONE
- EMAIL: Laura.Nardone@dvusd.org
- WEBSITE: https://www.dvusd.org/domain/723
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: MEMBERS OF THESPIAN SOCIETY, MOCK DISASTER DRILL, STONG TECHNICAL THEATER PROGRAM
SANDRA DAY O'CONNOR HIGH SCHOOL
- TEACHER: TONI FIORAMONTI
- EMAIL: Toni.Fioramonti@dvusd.org
- WEBSITE: https://www.dvusd.org/Page/17482
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS: PARTICIPATES IN NATIONAL YOUTH ARTS AWARDS, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL THEATER AWARDS, TECHNICAL THEATER IS A CTE PROGRAM