Arizona College and Career Readiness (Common Core) and Arizona State Standards:
The standards are informed by the highest, most effective models from states across the country and countries around the world, and provide teachers and parents with a common understanding of what student are expected to learn. Consistent standards will provide benchmarks for all students, regardless of where they live.
These standards define the knowledge and skills students should have within their K-12 education careers so they will graduate high school able to succeed in entry-level, credit-bearing academic college courses and in workforce training programs. The standards:
- Are aligned with college and work expectations;
- Are clear, understandable and consistent;
- Include rigorous content and application of knowledge through high-order skills;
- Build upon strength and lessons of current state standards;
- Are informed by other top performing countries, so that all student are prepared to succeed in our global economy and society; and
- Are evidence-based.
The link provided takes you to both the AZCCRS and Social Studies State Standards: