Expanding Options for Gifted High School Students
Did You Know?
Summer School PE Online
Students who wish to fit any other elective course into their freshman schedule can opt to take PE over the summer in order to open up a spot. Fees and registration can be found at here. Registration begins April 1st, 2019.
Overwiew Of All School Offerings
2018-19 School Year:
2018-19 School Year
Gifted Cohort Pilot
Find more information on our:
Letter sent to qualifying students via email on May14th 2018 -
Sandra Day O’Connor High School is partnering with DVUSD Gifted Services to offer our first program dedicated to gifted identified high school students. This Gifted Cohort was recently offered to all qualifying in-coming freshmen who were already enrolled at O’Connor HS for the 2018-19 school year.
Fortunately, we have some limited space available in the program. We are using this opportunity to open up the remaining seats to qualifying students, who are not currently enrolled at O’Connor HS. You are receiving this email because your child meets the entry criteria for the Gifted Cohort, and we would like to offer them this opportunity.
We are opening this up for one week only, and the process is as follows:
- Please review the attached flyer and school website (https://www.dvusd.org/Domain/8154) for information on the program.
- Decide which exclusive elective path you would like to participate in.
- Apply, through the link below, before 10:00 am on Monday, May 21st. (Application requires a one paragraph student response on why they wish to be in the program.)
- Accepted applicants will be notified (via email) the afternoon of the 21st with a link to apply for open enrollment to the school. Students accepted into the Gifted Cohort will be automatically accepted for open enrollment; however, it must be done within the time frame specified to hold the spot.
- Once open enrollment is accepted, students and parents will be invited to schedule a time to meet with a counselor to build their school schedule.
Program Application -
We are excited to share this opportunity with you and your child. If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.
Student Entry Criteria –
- Have a gifted identification score at the 95th percentile or higher in the Verbal Area prior to applying.
- Meet the qualifying scores for the Renaissance program (All 3 scores (Verbal, Quantitative, Non-Verbal) are at the 90th percentile or higher with a total of 280 percentile points or greater combined)
Bus Infomation -
- The High School Program/Activitiy bus is avalable for this program! The bus picks up at the local high schools and transports students to other high schools with unique programs.
- Please contact transportation for details