Hello! Please read below to find important information about our classroom expectations.
- School Hours: Classes are in session between 8:15 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Norterra Canyon is open for arrival at 8:00 a.m.
- Absences: Please notify the office if your student will be absent. Please call the attendance line at 623-445-8290 to report any absence.
- Snack: We will have a snack each morning. Only nutritional foods such as fruit, cheese, crackers, pretzels, or yogurt are allowed. PLEASE DO NOT send candy, sweets, peanuts/peanut butter or any other items that contain nuts. Also, only water is allowed in the classroom. Students will be able to keep their own water bottle in the classroom – please clearly label your student’s water bottle with their name for easy identification and make sure the lid is a leak proof pull out spout. Please do not send in water bottles that screw open and can easily be spilled.
- Nuts: There is a growing awareness for those who suffer from nut allergies. For the safety of those who have life threatening allergies, please ensure that any and all food sent with your student is nut free.
- Volunteers: Volunteers are a welcomed part of the classroom. If you are interested in volunteering in the classroom this year, please let me know. This partnership is SO important to make our classroom successful. Together we will work on making this year very enjoyable! Please be advised, there is a mandatory volunteer training required for all those interested in joining us in the classroom. If you are interested, please contact me for more information. I really look forward to working with you!
Assignments will be sent out through remind and papers sent home.
* Follow directions quickly
* Raise your hand to speak or stand
* Listen when your teacher is talking
* Be safe, be kind and be honest
* Respect others, respect yourself and respect our school