📰4th Grade News 📰
Amplify Reading and HMH Ed Access Over SummerAmplify Reading will be available for students to access at home until June 30th. This great resource is available and can be accessed from the DVUSD Start Page (start.dvusd.org).
Students can also access HMH ED until June 30th. This allows them to access their myBook to enjoy reading stories at home.
DreamBox use over the summerStudents will have access to DreamBox for the majority of the summer. There will be a brief period when student access will be down due to the PowerSchool rollover. The PowerSchool rollover for the new school year is currently scheduled for the week of July 5-8th. Please continue to use this great resource over the summer months to keep your math skills sharp.
The latest PLC News--
Math/Science -The math and science PLC team met on Friday, April 29th. The Common Assessment for 4.OA.A.3, word problems, was discussed. The team shared a website called Tang Math for summer review and practice. Classifying Triangles and Quadirlateral Gizmos were shared and explored for classroom use in the future. New science websites were also shared.
Reading/Writing - The PLC team met on Friday, May 13. This week we celebrated the improvement of students' cursive and independence on inside/outside circle activities (centers/teacher small group). We discussed the results from the latest CSA (Common Summative Assessment) on RL.9 (compare/contrast theme & topic). We noticed the students did not clearly show their learning on the assessment. Teachers did a reteach by modeling for students and having discussions with small groups of students regarding mistakes. The assessment was given again and students did much better at showing their learning of the content.
➕➖This Week in Math✖️➗
Module 2- Unit Conversions with metric measurement
Projected M2- Lessons 3, 4 & 5
Weekly Standard(s) Covered: Module 2
- Know relative sizes of measurement units within one system of units including km, m, cm; kg, g; lb, oz.; l, ml; hr, min, sec. Within a single system of measurement, express measurements in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit and in a smaller unit in terms of a larger unit. For example, know that 1 ft is 12 times as long as 1 in. Express the length of a 4 ft snake as 48 in. Generate a conversion table for feet and inches listing the number pairs (1,12), 2,24), (3,36).
- Use the four operations to solve word problems and problems in real-world context involving distances, intervals of time (hr, min, sec), liquid volumes, masses of objects, and money, including decimals and problems involving fractions with like denominators, and problems that require expressing measurements given in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit. Represent measurement quantities using a variety of representations, including number lines that feature a measurement scale.
Updated for the week of May 16th
✍️This Week in Language Arts📖
Week of May 16th
Amplify 15 minutes daily ~ Over summer time the best way to continue reading growth is by continuing reading daily & by practicing reading skills using Amplify.
THIS WEEK IN READING
In class, the students will continue to practice the skill of fluency & comprehension by completing different collaborative reading activities. We will be reflecting on our start of the year reading inventory (lexile scores) and look at the end of the year growth to set new goals over the summer. We will be discussing the use of Amplify & daily reading practices in order to continue to grow as a reader.
In all classrooms we will be completing collaborative activities to reflect on our 4th grade year.
THIS WEEK IN WRITING
In class, we will be drafting strengths and weaknesses in academic and social emotional areas in order to build a written piece to share who we are educators. Students will draft ideas in manuscript (print) but they will complete the pieces by using their knowledge of cursive and practicing a multi-paragraph paper.
🗺️This Week in Social Studies🏛️
Essential Questions for the week of May 16:
- What were your strengths and weaknesses from 4th grade?
This week students will...
- Participate in reflection activities on their 4th grade year.
- Read about, discuss, and answer questions about Colonial America. They will also have the opportunity to complete a crossword puzzle on the topic.
- 4.SL.1 Engage effectively in a range of collaborative discussions with diverse partners on grade 4 topics and texts, building on others’ ideas and expressing their own clearly
Updated for Week of May 16
⚡This Week in Science🧲
How can you keep a house from blowing away in the wind?
We will contruct paper houses and add designs to the house to help prevent it from blowing away in a storm.
Updated for the week of 5/16/22
Class Hours are 8:00AM - 3:00PM, please email outside those times. If leaving a message on our classroom phone, please give us time to check the message and respond.Zoom Office Hours are accessed through the student's Canvas Modules.Thank you!Mr. CohonScience & MathClassroom Phone: 623-445-7658Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgZoom Office Hours:Monday @ 12:00-12:15Friday @ 7:45-8:00Mrs. HudsonELA & Social StudiesClassroom Phone: 623-445-7659Email: email@example.comZoom Office Hours:Monday @ 12:00-12:15Thursday @ 3:20-3:35Mrs. KozubalMath & ScienceClassroom Phone: 623-445-7657Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgZoom Office Hours:Tuesday @ 12:00-12:15
Thursday @ 7:45-8:00Mrs. NeimanELA & Social StudiesClassroom Phone: 623-445-7660Email: email@example.comZoom Office Hours:Tuesday @ 7:45-8:00
Thursday @ 12:00-12:15
We the Students of Terramar’s 4th Grade, in Order to form a more proper Classroom Environment to establish Hard Workers, promote Self Confidence and Good Behaviors and secure Respect to everyone at school, do ordain and establish this Mission Statement for the 4th Grade Classes of Terramar Academy of the Arts.
There are no upcoming events to display.