EDUCATION AND CAREER ACTION PLAN (ECAP)
An ECAP reflects a student’s current plan of coursework, career aspirations, and extended learning opportunities in order to develop individual academic and career goals.
The Mountain Ridge High School Counseling Department uses the Arizona Career Information System (AZCIS) to assist students with developing an Education and Career Action Plan. The AzCIS portfolio called “My ECAP” allows students to establish their very own folder to track, save, and personalize their career and education exploration journey. The ECAP portfolio currently includes:
- My Personal Information - a place to store personal information.
- My Reports – a section to save and restore assessment results and links to CIS information. The “My Thoughts” feature allows students to write comments on why they are interested in the information saved or reflect on the assessment results. It automatically dates everything saved. These features make it easy to track progress and continue exploration at another time.
- My Course Plan – section allows students to plan the courses to take in high school.
- My Education and Work History – an area where students can enter and save honors/awards and employment/educational history. Once information is entered, students can pick one of three different résumé styles, choose what information to include, and generate a professional résumé. The information entered into this section will be helpful when filling out job applications, various work forms, and college application information.
- My Career Plan - a place to explore careers that match strengths, interests, skills, and values.
Arizona Career Information System (AzCIS)
Mountain Ridge High School students will be assigned a username and password through the Counseling Department.