ATHLETIC FEES FOR 2018-2019
In 2017-2018 the Deer Valley Unified School District faced another year of reduced funding by the State Legislature. As a result, and in an effort to balance the district’s budget, the DVUSD Governing Board has approved an athletic fee for the 2018-2019 school year. The approved fee is in compliance with legislation passed in 1995, A.R.S. 15-342.24, enabling schools to assess reasonable fees for optional extra-curricular activities and programs. The purpose of the athletic fee is to provide revenue to maintain and operate athletic programs, which exceeds $2,000,000 per year, for 7th-8th grade and high school students. These fees collected will help defray the expenses of operating the DVUSD athletic programs. **Excludes Community Schools sports such as Cross Country.DID YOU KNOW...You can use tax credit to pay for athletic fees? Please click on link for more information:DO NOT PAY ATHLETIC FEES ONLINE, USE THIS FORM: TAX DONATION FORM
2016-2017 Approved Athletic Fees
7th/8th grade athlete
$60 per sport ($120 maximum per athlete)
9th-12th grade athlete
$100 per sport ($200 maximum per athlete)
$300 maximum per family/household*
* A family or family household is defined by the United States Census Bureau for statistical purposes as “a householder and one or more other people related to the householder by birth, marriage, or adoption.”
ATHLETIC FEE PAYMENT TIMELINE:
- Payments and/or hardship waivers must be submitted starting week 2 of the season for each sport (Payment window for each season of sport below)
- All payments including tax credit must be paid during the below listed time frame at the bookstore or the front office.
- It is the parent’s responsibility to keep receipts when paying for multiple family members in regards to tracking a family maximum amount being met.
- Student-Athletes will not be permitted to play in an AIA competition until the athletic fee and/or waiver is submitted.
- Athletic fees are non-refundable
- The 2018-2019 DVUSD Athletic Fees do not guarantee playing time in competition.
- Hardship waivers forms are available in the school office or athletic office (HS only)
Aug. 29 - Sept. 2
ALL OTHER FALL SPORTS:
Sep. 4 - Sep. 7
Aug. 22 - Aug. 26
Nov. 28 – Dec. 1
Nov. 7 – Nov. 10
Feb. 27 - Mar. 3
Feb. 21- Feb.24