Manager of Gifted & Advanced Academics
Degrees and Certifications:
- BA Secondary Ed.
- MA Educational Leadership
- Secondary Ed.
- Elementary Ed.
- High School History
- Middle Grades
- Social Studies
- Board Member,
Arizona Association of Gifted & Talented
- AZ State Liaison, SENG – Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted
- Arizona Gifted Teacher of the Year 2014
- DVUSD Governing Board Extraordinary Achievement Recognition 2014
- DVUSD S*T*A*R Employee Recognition 28+ times
- DVUSD District Office S*T*A*R Employee December 2018 for Integrity
Adam Laningham, M.Ed.
I am a life-long learner who loves working with children, learning about history & nature, and the “art” of teaching. Although I love working with all children, my passion is working with, and advocating for, the unique needs of gifted children.
Having been with the Deer Valley School District since 2001, I have had the opportunity to teach at several of our schools and in multiple grade levels. I also have lead many programs and initiatives before to coming to the district level.
I am looking forward to another great year in DVUSD, and am eager to continue working with teachers and principals to ensure all of the gifted students in Deer Valley get a truly extraordinary education. My goal is to make sure Deer Valley is the best district in the state for gifted education. In this effort my job is to support our schools and communities to create and build programs best suited to meet the needs of this exceptional population.