Mountain Ridge is pleased to offer the Project Lead the Way Biomedical Sciences Curriculum
PLTW Biomedical Science students have experience with state-of-the-art tools and techniques that are used by professionals in hospitals and labs every day.
Each course in the Biomedical Science sequence builds on the skills and knowledge students gain in the preceding courses.
PLTW's approach to STEM learning goes beyond the study of science, technology, engineering, and math. Through activity-, project-, and problem-based curriculum, PLTW gives students a chance to lead their own learning and apply their cross-disciplinary knowledge to solve true-to-life challenges.
- Project Lead The Way Biomedical Sciences Promotional Video 2023
- Project Lead the Way Biomedical Sciences Video
MRHS PLTW Biomedical Sciences in the Media
- Mountain Ridge PLTW Biomedical Sciences Glendale 11 Video
- Project Lead The Way Blog Article
- HOSA December Newsletter -See Page 3
- AZEDNEWS August 29, 2017
PLTW Biomedical Sciences at Mountain Ridge Quick Facts
- Career and Technical Education Signature Program
- Designated Honors Level Courses
- PLTW Biomedical Sciences courses are electives, taken along with grade level or above science and math courses to prepare for highly competitive STEM careers.
- PLTW is a Nationally Recognized STEM education provider
- Incorporates various standards
- Arizona Department of Education Bioscience Technical Standards - Career and Technical Education
- Arizona College and Career Ready Standards-ELA and Math
- Next Generation Science Standards
- Standards for Technological Literacy
- National Health Science Standards
- Students have the opportunity to participate in the MRHS HOSA organization.
- Professional knowledge
- Community service
- Leadership skills
- Career and Technical Student Organization
- Opportunity to participate in and gain