DVUSD AdvancED Accreditation
AdvancED is a nonprofit, accreditation organization that conducts external reviews of Pre-K-12 schools and school systems, with the goal of evaluating, verifying, and improving school quality. AdvancED accreditation is the recognition that systems meet high quality standards, engage in continuous improvement, and produce quality results. In 2013, DVUSD received system-wide accreditation. As part of the accreditation process, the AdvancED External Review Team identified powerful practices and improvement priorities. DVUSD addressed the recommendations through targeted action steps aligned to the key strategic objectives within the 2013-2018 DVUSD Strategic Plan and the 2018-2023 Blueprint to #Extraordinary. Read about the powerful practices, improvement priorities, and DVUSD actions here.
DVUSD is currently awaiting our AdvancED reaccreditation from the 2017-2018 school year. THe follwoing was our two year timeline:
- Understanding and application of the new AdvancED standards and domains (2016)
- Assessment of current status using AdvancED standards within campus and department improvement plans (March 2017)
- Deployment of stakeholder surveys and inventories using the eProve online platform (August 3, 2017- August 31, 2017)
- Surveys: Student, Teacher, Staff, Parent
- Inventories: Student, Teacher
- Engagement review by AdvancED examiners (February 2018)
Please see AdvancED Frequently Asked Questions.
DVUSD AdvancED Work Team
Purpose of Team: The AdvancED work team will guide and support all employees through a holistic journey of continuous improvement in which accreditation is aligned with accountability and places appropriate emphasis on the importance of student outcomes. The team will communicate and provide ongoing support deploying surveys, analyzing feedback provided, writing an executive summary, and verifying that across systems all schools and departments meet accreditation standards.
Team Requirements: The AdvancED 2016-2017 work team consists of administrators, certified and classified employees and membership is held to 35 participants to maximize engagement. Membership will be selected from the volunteers comprised of each region to fill the vacant position not to exceed 35 participants. 4:00-6:00 pm GBR West: 9/7, 10/26, 1/11, 2/15, 3/29, 4/26 and 5/10.
Team Meeting Information:
- September 7, 2016 - Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- October 26, 2016 - Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- January 11, 2017- Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- February 15, 2017- Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- March 29, 2017- Presentation and Meeting Minutes
- September 13, 2017-Presentation and Agenda
- October 18, 2017-Presentation and Agenda
- November 15, 2017-Presentation and Agenda
- December 13, 2017-Presentation and Agenda