What to Expect...No student has the right to interfere with the learning, safety, teaching, and well being of others.CLASSROOM POLICIES
- Raising your hand
- Listen for directions
- Talk to others politely and acknowledge when you are spoken to
- Make sure when your teacher is talking that you are not talking
- Be seated in the correct area
- Turn in your complete work into the tray
- Be prepared for school everyday
- Take ownership for your actions
- Listen to others' ideas and comments
- Value everyone's ideas and opinions even if they differ from your own
- Working together we achieve greatness
- Be an active participant in group activities and discussions
- Keep personal items off the floor
- Your desk and folders are neat and papers are put away
- Walk in the classroom
- Make sure all food, gum, and drinks are left outside
- Complete all classwork on time
- Complete all homework on time
- Regularly use problem solving strategies
- Always do your best
EXPECTATIONS AND PROCEDURESPracticing Respect and Accepting Responsibility
*Come to class prepared with all the necessary materials.
*Be in your seat and ready to begin class on time.
*Raise your hand to speak or leave your seat unless the teacher gives other instructions.
*Stay seated and do not talk when the teacher is talking.
*Head all of your in-class work and homework in the upper right-hand corner of your paper. Your heading should include your first and last name and the date written out in full.
October 31, 2016
*When absent, get your assignments from the "Absent Folder", ask your classmates about the assignments and check the assignment board before consulting the teacher. The teacher will be happy to help you if your classmates cannot answer your questions.
*Use computers for class related work only.
*Students are expected to use the time provided before or after school and during lunch recess to use the bathroom. However, if it is necessary to use the restroom during class time, you may only leave during individual class work time. Students must be at their desk during all teaching instruction. Permission must be given by the teacher in order to use the restroom during class time. Please fill out the sign out sheet provided and make sure to sign back in when you return.
*Take the appropriate pass when you leave (i.e. bathroom pass or hall pass). Your pass is your passport to other places on campus.
*Gum is not allowed on campus. (Detentions will be issued for continued gum chewing.)
*Water bottles are permitted in the classroom; however, students are not allowed to punch holes in their water bottles. Water bottles may be taken away at the teacher’s discretion if the student’s use is distracting from the learning of the classroom. No drinks other than water are permitted.
*Before leaving class, clean up your work area.
*Throw away all trash before or after class.
*Line-up and walk though the campus orderly and quietly using F.L.A.S.H. Line procedures (see Walkway Expectations below).
*When it is dismissal time, remain near your desk until the teacher dismisses you.
P.A.W.S. for Success tickets may be rewarded to individuals or the whole class for exceptional behavior and/or community service. Groups may earn daily points for additional rewards.
Practicing RESPECT in the hallway:
- Walk quietly
- Listen to adult directions the first time given
- Greet others quietly and politely
- Be mindful of other classes walking around campus and of classrooms at work.
Accepting RESPONSIBILITY in the hallway:
- Go directly where you need to go
- Stay on the sidewalks
- Walk on the right side of the walkways
- Follow guidelines for Dismissal Shuffle.
Working Together in the Hallway
- Walk in single file on the right side of the hallway.
- Walk in FLASH LINES
- Face forward
- Lips sealed
- Attention in front
- Spine straight
- Hands behind back
Safety Matters in the hallway:
- Hands, feet and objects to yourself
- Walking feet
- Keep away from poles and stay out of red zones (semi-circles in front of doorway).
- Be mindful of personal space, walking arm’s distance apart.
- Stay to the right side of the hall.
- Stop at designated areas/intersections.