Lexile data will be collected in August, December, and in March.
Our goal is to use strategies to increase our Reading Inventor score.
R.E.A.D. REIMAGINE, EXPLORE, AWAKEN AND DREAM
We will think analytically, read critically and communicate clearly.
Social Studies Syllabus
6th Grade: Global Studies World Religion and Cultures of the Eastern Hemisphere early civilization - Renaissance & Reformation
The content focus will be viewed through geographic and historical lenses. Sixth-grade students will understand selected societies' cultural, religious, economic, and political systems in the Eastern Hemisphere. Regions in the Eastern Hemisphere include the Middle East and North Africa, sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, Asia (east, south, and southeast), and Oceania.
● Posing and framing questions
● Gathering a variety of evidence
● Recognizing continuity and detecting change over time
● Utilizing chronology to examine cause and effect relationships
● Drawing and combining reasonable inferences from a variety of sources to build an understanding of complex questions
● Examining, interpreting, and contextualizing primary sources, focusing on the author, purpose, and audience of each source
● Identifying and comparing historical, geographic, economic, and political science interpretations from a wide variety of secondary sources
● Utilizing a broader understanding to discern subtext in primary and secondary sources
● Developing and defending evidence-based arguments
● Utilizing multiple perspectives for comprehensive explanations
● Practicing and cultivating a wide variety of diverse types of writing
● Engaging in constructive conversations around history and social science topics