In this module, students will:
- Identify commonly used medical terminology relating to anatomy and treatment.
- Identify the responsibilities and relationships between different nursing occupations.
- Recognize the link between sanitation and infection.
- Demonstrate basic nursing skills including taking vital signs, using a stethoscope, taking a blood sample, and treating a wound.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills in working with patients and families.
- Use mathematics to calculate dosages and to evaluate effective treatments.