Arrowhead Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy
In collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Team (CIT) and parent review, Arrowhead has created a Parent Involvement Policy which includes activities as outlined in section 118 of the Elementary and Secondary Acts (ESEA). In accordance with this policy, Arrowhead Elementary agrees to:
- Convene an annual meeting to explain the Title 1 program to parents and inform them of their right to be involved in the program;
- Offer a flexible number of meetings, to meet parent’s needs. Title 1 funds may be used to pay related expenses such as child care;
- Involve Parents, in an organized, ongoing and timely way, in planning, review and improvement of Arrowhead’s Title 1 program.
- Provide timely information about its Title 1 programs to parents, describe the curricula, the student assessments and proficiency levels students are expected to meet, provide opportunities for regular meetings, and respond promptly to parent suggestions.
In order to build capacity for involvement, the Arrowhead Elementary staff will:
- Provide assistance to parents in understanding College and Career Ready State Standards.
- Arrowhead will also offer assistance on information about state and local assessments, the requirements of this act and how to monitor their child’s progress. Arrowhead Elementary staff members will also provide parents with information as to how they can participate in decisions relating to the education of their children. This information will be shared at the annual meeting mentioned as well as in newsletters on the school web site and the Principal’s Blog.
- Arrowhead Elementary will provide materials and trainings to help parents work with their children to improve achievement. Materials will be distributed throughout the year by way of e-mail, written notices, and/ or pamphlets.
- Arrowhead Elementary will educate all staff members regarding the value of parent involvement and the positive impact it has on student achievement and in understanding how to utilize parents as equal partners.
- To the extent feasible and appropriate, Arrowhead Elementary will invite parents of students attending Preschool to full participate in activities that help children have smooth transition from pre-school to kindergarten. These activities include but are not limited to, Curriculum Nights, Information Nights, and Kindergarten Orientation.
- Arrowhead Elementary will provide reasonable support for parental involvement activities as parents may request. They will take suggestions from parents by e-mail, verbally, and in written form.
- To the extent that it is practical, Arrowhead Elementary will provide full opportunities for the participation of parents with limited English proficiency or with disabilities, including information and school profiles in a language and format that parents understand.
In collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Team and input from parents, Arrowhead has created a school compact t6hat supports our parent involvement policy.
Please visit our school website for this policy as well as other Title 1 information - http://www.dvusd.org/Domain/9
Vivian Hunt, M Ed
Principal, Arrowhead Elementary 623-376-4104