Websites and RESOURCES for Parents
- DVUSD Gifted Information- This website has information regarding District policies.
- Parentpals for Gifted -Find various links that will get you to information especially selected for parents of gifted students.
- National Association For Gifted Children -This association provides information on giftedness to parents and teachers. Parents may also find resources for support groups and materials to help in raising a gifted child.
- American Association for Gifted Children -This is another association that has information for parents and teachers.
- GT World GT World offers on-line support for parents.
- Pre-K Smarties -This website offers information in raising gifted infants and preschoolers.
- How Parents Can Support Gifted Children -Article by Linda Kreger Silverman, a leading researcher in gifted education.
- How to Recognize and Develop Your Children's Special Talents -This article gives ideas for what families can do at home to develop giftedness in children.
- How to Nurture Gifted Children -This article discusses many issues parents must face with gifted children, including gifted myths and whether or not to know your child's IQ score.
Legal Rights in Gifted Education -Learn about your gifted child's legal rights to an education.
- Hoagies' Gifted Education Page -This is a great site for information on parenting or educating gifted children. Free