Welcome to Health
Click here to access the Summer 2021 Printable Calendar of Due dates
The Health Curriculum of DVUSD is correlated with the Arizona State’s Health Essential Skills. It has been designed and developed to allow the integration of concepts found in the district’s AIDS, Substance Abuse, and Human Growth/Sexuality curricula. The curriculum does not limit nor restrict itself to these issues; rather it incorporated other concepts essential to every health curriculum.
Assessment and Grading:
Each unit will consist of the following activities: Pre-test reflections, discussions, vocabulary, chapter readings, quizzes, videos, unit projects and tests. Grades are weighted by groups and will reflect the 90-80-70-60-50 grading scale at the end of the course. Students must be pass the final exam with a 60% or above to pass the course along with a final semester grade of 60% or above.
By the end of the course, students will be able to meet the following standards:
1. use of decision making skills
2. use of goal setting skills
3. analysis of factors affecting health behaviors
4. use of interpersonal communication skills to enhance health
5. comprehension of health promotion and disease prevention concepts
6. ability to practice health enhancing behaviors
Units Covered: This course is broken into 7 Modules which are the Unit topics that are covered in the course.