Online Preschool Registration
Community Education has moved!
We are now located in the Community Education building at 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310. We are at the far east end of the Copper Creek campus; enter the main drive, continue past the school to the east parking lot.
2019-2020 Registration is now open.
Registration for the Preschool and Prekindergarten general education program is an online process. Certain documentation must be on file with Community Education before a registration contract is approved, and we urge you to submit this in advance.
Please submit a copy of your child's immunizations and birth certificate if you are planning to register
- Fax to 623-376-3918
- Email to Community Education
- Mail or drop off to Community Education, 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310
- This is a new address as of 3/4/19. We are in the building at the far east end of the Copper Creek School parking lot; enter the main driver and continue past the school to the east parking lot.
- Your registration contract will only be approved when you submit required documentation
Policies and Procedures
Please read the 2019-2020 Parent Handbook prior to registration as it includes important information regarding our procedures, and you will be asked to sign a statement that you will (or have) read, understand, and abide by this parent handbook.
It is highly recommended that you use either Chrome or Firefox to register when connecting to the registration website. Our expereince has also shown that it is a quicker and easier process if you complete the registration from a computer and not a hand held device for best function, connection, and service.
Be Prepared In Advance
- Please read through this website, as well as our Parent Handbook (linked below) for important details before you register
- Create your Family Profile now to make the registration process quicker
- Visit our Eleyo registration website and create your family account which will include the registration contract owner/payer (usually parent or guardian) as well as the attending student(s)
- If you already have an Eleyo account for Before & After Care, Summer Camp, or Enrichment classes, you just need to add your incoming preschooler(s) to your account
- NOTE that creating a profile is not a registration. Creating your family account now will help to expedite the registration process by having your account already established in the system; you will be asked for some of the same information during the application process as part of the Emergency Information form required by the AZ Department of Health Services (DHS)
- Submit each student's required documentation
- Current immunizations record
- Copy of birth certificate
- If applicable, copy of court issued custody papers
- Only required when you have custody papers
- Check NO on the registration questionnaire if you do not have court-issued custody papers
- Checking YES in the registration process without this documentation will delay your contract approval
- Community Education does not have access to any records you may have on file at your home school for any of your children
- Submit documentation and label "Preschool Docs" and submit one of the following ways:
- Fax 623-376-3918
- Email a pdf copy to Community Education or to your current Account Representative
- Mail or drop off at the DVUSD Community Education, ATTN: Preschool, 7071 W. Hillcrest Boulevard, Glendale, AZ 85310 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- This is a NEW LOCATION as of 3/4/19; we are at the far east end of the parking lot on the Copper Creek campus
- Fax 623-376-3918
Other Information Required
A listing of the questions you will be asked when applying for Preschool/Prekindergarten is available here. We hope you will use this tool to help you prepare for registration so that you know what information will be required of you during the process. There is space on this form to make notes, and we have included some useful tips (highlighted in yellow) in areas where we often find incorrect or missing information. We want this process to be as easy as possible for you in view of the information we are required to collect. This form is a preparation tool for your use only and is not a part of the registration.
There are many facets involved and our staff works actively and diligently to review, process, and approve contracts as quickly as possible. Due to the nature of this program and the approval process, we cannot answer inquiries regarding availability of space at any certain location, especially during peak registration times. There is adequate space among all of our programs to accommodate all registrants.
- A separate registration contract is required for each child
- Registration contracts will be reviewed and approved on a first come, first serve basis
- Avoid delays for everyone by preparing early (see "Be Prepared In Advance" above)
- A registration contract will only be approved when we have received:
- Complete and correct information on all required application questions
- Current copy of immunizations
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Failure to provide all of the above will result in a contract request remaining in a pending status, and your place in line will be forfeited after 24 hours from when contact was made or attempted (voice mail/email), and will be deleted after 2 weeks with no response
- Missing or incorrect information or documentation causes delays for your contract approval, as well as those of other families awaiting approval
- A separate registration is required for Wrap Around/Extended Care hours at our high school locations (Boulder Creek, Mountain Ridge, Sandra Day O'Connor)
Preschool Location Preference
- You will be notified by an email receipt of your class placement; we anticipate this may take 3-4 weeks
- We will make every effort to place you in your first choice location
- All registration contracts will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis; missing or incomplete information or documentation will delay the process for everyone and can cause your application to be denied
- You will be asked to provide a second choice location for school placement and will be placed there if your first choice is not available
- You will also be provided an opportunity to be added to a waiting list
- We strongly urge any parent applying for one of the programs known to fill early to provide both a second choice and a wait list choice
General Education Preschool and Prekindergarten Program Information
(3-5 year old students)
All classes are held Monday through Friday. Classes held on elementary school campuses generally operate the same as the host school. Times subject to change.
Employees of DVUSD who are the parents or legal guardians of students are eligible for an employee discount; the registration application must reflect that the employee is the legal guardian. Substitutes must work at least 60 hours per month in the district, and provide ongoing evidence of hours, to be eligible for the employee discount, which will be applied after-the-fact.
Tuition and Fees for 2019-2020
- $50 non-refundable registration fee per child
- General Education Preschool and Prekindergarten Tuition Rates
- $340* per month tuition for half day, morning or afternoon
- $630* per month tuition for full day
- $135 per month a.m. extended care, available at high school sites (separate registration required)
- $135 per month p.m. extended care, available at high school sites (separate registration required)
- $135 per month extended mid-day, meal not included (lunch, recess, rest period)
- Additional Fees
- $25 fee for each change made to enrollment after registration
- 10% multiple child discount (on second child) in a Community Education Preschool (3-4 year old) program
- This discount will not apply across programs to the 2-Year Old Early Learning Preschool
- 10% DVUSD employee discount (only one discount may be applied)
- $25 late payment fee
- $15 plus $2 per minute for late pick-up
*Tuition rates are based on an annual fee of $3,400 for half day or $6,300 for full day, payable in ten equal installments. Short months are not pro-rated, and missed days are not credited. One full month plus the registration fee is due at the time of registration and is non-refundable. The balance of payments are due the 1st of the month, September through May, and will be invoiced on the 25th of the month (this day will vary if this date falls on a weekend or holiday).
For current year (2018-2019) rates, please contact Community Education at 623-376-3979 or email Julie.Bak@dvusd.org.
New Family Registration
- Registration opens on Wednesday, March 6, 2019, at 5:00 a.m. online at deervalley.ce.eleyo.com
- Parents should learn within 3-4 weeks the class location where their child has been placed
- Our goal is to approve contracts as quickly as possible to provide peace of mind with your confirmed placement
- Missing or incorrect information or documentation will delay all contract approvals, or may void your pending approvals
Returning Family Registration
- As in the past, returning families (families who are currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a Community Education Preschool or Prekindergarten program) will have an opportunity to register early for siblings and/or returning students
- Please prepare early for siblings (see "Be Prepared In Advance" above)
- Returning families should learn within 1-2 weeks where they have been placed
- One full month (at the 2019-2020 rate) plus the registration fee will be due upon contract approval; we cannot defer this payment
- Information regarding early registration will be made available through your child’s instructor
- All returning family contracts are subject to eligibility verification prior to approval
- If an eligible returning family misses the early registration deadline, they will be required to wait for open registration beginning March 6th
- One full month tuition plus the registration fee will be CHARGED at the time of contract approval for all registrants
- When your contract is approved, you are notified of class placement via your email payment receipt
- This also applies to new and returning families; the first month cannot be deferred
- As in the past, both the first month’s tuition and the registration fee are NON REFUNDABLE
- All classrooms will be filled on a first come, first served basis, providing all required information and documentation has been received
- You will be asked to provide a second and third choice of class placement in the event your first choice is not available
- We will make every effort to place students in their first choice location
- If your first choice is not available, you will be placed in your next available choice, whether second or third
- You will have an opportunity to opt out of a second and/or third choice at the time of registration, if you so desire, and ask to be wait-listed; this may cause you to lose your place at alternate choice locations
- Failed payments must be corrected immediately to maintain your enrollment status
- All remaining monthly fees will be placed on an automatic payment plan to a debit/credit card and will charge on the first of each month, September through May
Orientation and Meet the Teacher
- You will be contacted by your child's instructor who will request you to sign up online for a specific time which will provide you and your child an opportunity to meet the teacher, complete a brief student assessment, and to become familiar with the campus and staff that will be working with your child.
A limited number of scholarships may be awarded through the Quality First Scholarships Program in June for the 2019-2020 school year. More information will be provided once it becomes available to us. A student who qualifies for a scholarship will have their first month's tuition refunded after their scholarship is approved. All other terms apply.
If you are eligible to receive financial assistance from the AZ Department of Economic Security (DES), you will be responsible for the following:
- Your daily co-pay as determined by DES
- Any difference between the daily rate that is subsidized by DES and our daily rate
- Submit the required documentation
Age and Readiness Requirements for Preschool and Prekindergarten
- All children must be potty trained prior to enrolling in a 3- or 4-year old program
- Preschool is for children age 3 as of the first day of school
- Prekindergarten is for children age 4 as of August 31st
- Children reaching their 3rd birthday after the start of school, and not later than August 31st, may attend upon turning 3; no credit will be given for missed days
- Children turning age 3 or 4 on or after September 1st and before January 1st will be subject to assessment once they have reached qualifying age, and prior to entering a program
- A child assessed into a 3-year old program can only return to a 3-year old program the next year; they are not eligible for a 4-year old program
- A child who is assessed early into Preschool/PreK is not automatically eligible for early entry into Kindergarten. Please visit Early Kindergarten Testing for information on early entry Kindergarten. All other eligibility requirements must be met as well.
Site and Class Options
- A combination Preschool/Pre-K program for 3-5 year olds is offered at
- Boulder Creek HS
- Desert Mountain
- Paseo Hills
- The following locations offer both a Preschool (age 3-4) and a Prekindergarten (age 4-5) class
- Greenbrier Elementary
- Mountain Ridge HS
- Sandra Day O’Connor HS
- Prekindergarten (age 4-5) on is offered at all remaining sites
- Copper Creek
- Diamond Canyon
- Legend Springs
- Sunset Ridge (2 classes; Sonoran Foothills will relocate here)
New in 2019-2020 is a 2-year old early learning center at the new Community Education office location on the campus of Copper Creek School. Watch for more information on both of these as it becomes available. This will be a separate program and separate registration process from our 3- and 4-year old preschool and prekindergarten programs. Information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Please register your child only for a program for which they qualify. Registering for a non-eligible program can cause your registration application to be rejected during the contract approval process. Please refer to the "Age and Readiness Requirements" above.
Start and Dismissal Times
Early Release Days
Community Education Preschool & Prekindergarten programs will follow a different early release schedule than the district schools.
Community Education Status
All Community Education programs are funded solely through the tuition fees and, as such, are subject to minimum enrollment and may be cancelled if this is not met.
Tax ID#: 86-6004178
For new registrations and general information regarding Community Education Preschool and Prekindergarten, please email Community Education or call 623-376-3979.