Middle School Summer School
Blended Credit Recovery Program
Program starts June 1st, 2020
Note: Registration is open between April 1st and May 27th
Registration link coming soon
Summer school for DVUSD 7th and 8th grade students who need reassignment to the next grade level. Math, Science, Social Studies, and Language Arts classes will be offered utilizing blended model, which has a face-to-face on campus component and an online at-home component.
The expectation is that students will be in class for 6 hours per week and work online at home for 6 hours per week, per subject area they are enrolled in, for the summer program. Students can access their course online at any time.
June 1st – June 25th 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM Monday through Thursday
Barry Goldwater High School
$175.00 per class
Registration and final payment must be completed online by May 27th, 2020.
The Middle School Summer School program is an online at home and on campus face-to-face model for students to show proficiency in the grade level standards for Math, Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts.
- All students must attend a summer school orientation with a parent/guardian at 6:00 PM on either May 28th or May 29th at Barry Goldwater High School
- Students must complete online modules at home and during on campus time and within specified time frames each week. A computer and internet are required.
- For each class in which students are enrolled, they must attend 1 six hour face-to-face class for individualized instruction, tutoring, and assessment each week. For example: a student enrolled in Math, Language Arts, and Science would need to attend 3 days per week from 8:30 AM- 3:00 PM.
- Students are required to have 100% attendance. Students who fail to meet this attendance requirement will be immediately dropped from summer school. A 10 minute tardy will count as an absence and will result in an immediate drop from summer school.
- All modules must be successfully completed by June 25th, 2020 by 3:00 PM. Successful completion of each module means proficiency of grade level standards as shown through various assessments.
- During on campus face-to-face time, students will follow all district behavior guidelines as well as meeting teacher expectations for classroom behavior. Failure to comply will result in the student being dropped from summer school and retained at his/her current grade level.
Program email: email@example.com
Online Registration Window
April 1st - May 27th, 2020
Optional Parent/Guardian Informational Night
May 13th, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
Deer Valley District Office
20402 N 15th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Required Parent/Guardian/Student Orientation
May 28th or May 29th, 2020 @ 6:00 PM
Barry Goldwater High School, Media Center
2820 W. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85027
Summer School Dates
June 1st - 25th, 2020 (M-Th)
Students are required to attend until they show proficiency
Summer School Results
July 1, 2020
The results are reported to the student's middle school and high school (if applicable).
"I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart. My child always spoke very positively about you and appreciates you very much. He has struggled a lot and it has become increasingly hard for him to focus at school, sometimes, even going to sleep is a challenge. I can’t even begin to describe how thankful I am for your time and your investment into my sons life."
“I am so proud of him! The stress and hard work paid off. I told him that he needed to take notes, because he would need them to refer back to. I want to THANK YOU for everything!”
“Thank you so much for your help this past month! My child (and I!) learned so much!”
"I am so happy to hear my child passed. This is wonderful news....the best news we have heard for awhile. My son was so happy when I picked him up a few minutes ago. He took pictures of his recovery certificates and sent them to his grandparents. :) Thank you again for all your guidance through the program, we really appreciate you!!"
"Mrs. Johnson, I wanted to be able to shake your hand and thank you in person for everything you've done for my son over the last month. As it is, it will probably be a while before we see each other again. So from the bottom of my heart. Thank you!!! Without yourself and the other teachers being willing and able to teach these middle school summer school courses these kids as well as my son would have been held back. Myself, personally, I never want him to know what that's like having personally been held back a grade when I was younger. So once again THANK YOU!!!!"
"I would like to recognize and thank Mr. Bowman for his extraordinary support and work with a Norterra Canyon student who needed a personalized plan to accomplish a required Social Studies Summer School course. Mr. Bowman worked closely with all of the adults involved, but more importantly, spent significant time with the student to ensure she knew the expectations, had the time to complete assignments, and allowed accommodations in the course so she could complete a module assessment verbally. Mr. Bowman showed the core values of being student driven and modeling excellence when thinking outside the box to make the impossible possible for this student. I sincerely appreciate Mr. Bowman as an accomplished educator and also as a caring adult for this student." -Ms. Hatch, DVMS Assistant Principal