Assignments: Students will be given prior notice for when assignments are due. Late work will result in a penalty. For each day the assignment is not turned in, 10% will be taken off the final grade. After five days of not being turned in, the max grade one can receive for an assignment is 50%. If you are absent on a day I assign homework or absent the day it is due, there will be no grade penalties. With that being said, I design my lessons to limit outside school work. I will post assignments weekly on my class website as well as canvas. Students and or parents are encouraged to email me with any questions or concerns they may have. I check my email regularly throughout the day and night. I will not respond to any emails past 7 p.m. If you wish to talk on the phone, please send me an email first so we can set up a date and time to do so. These expectations are designed and incorporated to better prepare these young adults for high school.
Materials: The materials students will need at all times are as followed:
- A pen/pencil for notes and writing assignments
- A spiral notebook
- I suggest college ruled notebooks that way you never run out of space for notes
- Leave an area in your notebook designated for bell work.
- A highlighter for annotating articles/documents
Students should come to class with these materials EVERYDAY.
Classroom Rules and Conduct: There are a series of classroom and campus expectations that students will need to follow at all times.
- All students are expected to be respectful to one another
- Be ready to participate
- No phones/electronic devices out unless instructed. There will be times where your phone is appropriate to be out.
- Give your best effort each and every day in my class
If a student is not following the classroom expectations, he/she will be subjected to consequences for disrupting the learning environment. Failure to follow the classroom expectations will result in:
- A reminder to follow the classroom rules/expectations
- A talk after class with me
- A phone call/email home
- A referral