Welcome to 7th Grade Math!
This year we will be learning about:Scale Drawings• Recognize that angle measures are preserved in scaled copies, but lengths are scaled by a scale factor and areas by the square of the scale factorIntroducing Proportional Relationships• Understand and use the terms “proportional,” “constant of proportionality,” and “proportional relationship,” and recognize when a relationship is or is not proportional.Measuring Circles• Understand and use the term “circle” to mean the set of points that are equally distant from a point called the “center.” They gain an understanding of why the circumference of a circle is proportional to its diameter, with constant of proportionality π.
Proportional Relationships and Percentage
• Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.Rational Number Arithmetic
• Apply and extend previous understandings of operations with fractions to add, subtract, multiply, and divide rational numbers.Expressions, Equations and Inequalities
• Use properties of operations to generate equivalent expressions.
• Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.Angles, Triangles and Prisms
• Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures and describe the relationships between them.
• Solve real-life and mathematical problems involving angle measure, area, surface area, and volume.Probability and Sampling
• Use random sampling to draw inferences about a population.
• Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations.
• Investigate chance processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models.