The Sunset Ridge LMC
The LMC collection includes over 11,000 items. Children’s book sections include Fiction, Non-Fiction, Everybody Fiction and Everybody Non-Fiction, Beginner Chapter Book and Reference. Young Adult books are for 7th and 8th grade students only. A Professional section is available for staff use.
- Kindergarten: 1 book for 1 week.
- 1st grade: 1 book for 1 week
- 2nd grade: 2 books for 2 weeks.
- 3rd - 6th grades: 3 books for 2 weeks.
- 7th-8th grades: 3 books for 3 weeks
- Parents: 3 books for 2 weeks.
- Staff: unlimited
- Materials may be renewed one time if not reserved by someone else.
- Reference materials are for use in the LMC, and are not to be checked out.
- Overdue books must be returned and student account must be in good standing before LMC privileges are reinstated.
- Overdue notices are printed each week for teachers to send home with students.
- There are no fines charged for overdue books. However, students are responsible to pay for any lost or damaged items.
- All library materials need to be returned to the LMC prior to withdrawing from SS.
- Respect property and others
- Use quiet voices
- Use shelf markers when looking at books
- When coming to the Library without a teacher:
- Library Passes are required
- Students MUST sign in and out at the Circulation Desk
- Return materials on time (usually within two weeks)
- If you use a computer other than the Library Search Kiosk, log off the computer when you leave and use technology appropriately
- Walk at all times
- Follow directions
Be a Learner:
- Be an active listener
- Know the rules and follow them
- Students must have a signed Internet and E-Mail User Agreement on file before they will be allowed to use the school computers.
- All internet privileges can be cancelled for violations to the DVUSD Internet Agreement.
- The Internet is to be used for school related work ONLY.
- There are 8 desktop computers in the LMC available for staff or student use.
- Students must use district-approved database for research at https://www.azlibrary.gov/dazl.
Destiny:The materials in the SSR library can be accessed from any computer through Destiny, a web based library management system.Visit https://destiny.dvusd.org/. Choose Sunset Ridge, then search the catalogue by keyword, author, title,series or other.Destiny access on the go?Download the Destiny Quest app!