Restorative Practices Parent University
Building Community from Home to School
What is it?
Restorative Practices Parent University will be scheduled to provide families with essential skills that staff and students use at school that can be applied at home to support building positive relationships.
How can you sign up for this opportunity?
A flyer will be sent home with your student when we are able to schedule future training dates.
- To build a connection between home and school
- To build connections with other families/participants
- To reflect on and self-identify parenting styles
- To better understand “shame” and how to respond to family members experiencing shame
- To apply restorative practices at home
Session Schedule & Details
All sessions will be held from
4:30 PM—6:30 PM in Media Center
Dates are TBD for the 2021-2022 school year.
Participants will develop an understanding of the context in which Restorative Practices are used, the importance of relationships, and the fundamental aim of Restorative Practices.
Participants will learn about the Social Discipline Window and Fair Process and how these can be related to the home setting.
Participants will develop an understanding of affect and shame, as well as how to respond to shame.
Participants will explore the continuum of Restorative Practices and how to apply the relevant components at home.