Next Meeting will be:
To be announced.
SOCIAL STUDIES Information
HOMEWORK HELP ROOM 604
FROM 3:15 UNTIL 4:30PM
To Be PublishedI will be available for any questions/retakesBY APPOINTMENT orweekdays at 7:55
email@example.comNote to parents:The advanced classes will address the same information using a more in depth, self-directed approach.RETAKES AVAILABLE: See me to make acceptable arrangements.
Creating a Parent Account for Canvas
Canvas is the district adopted learning management system and parent accounts for Canvas enhance the potential for any parent to quickly engage in their child’s education. Parents can review upcoming or past assignments, check on grades, and receive course announcements.
- Go to DVUSD’s Canvas login page: https://dvusd.instructure.com
- Click “Parent of a Canvas User?...” on the login page.
- Complete the fields with your name and email along with the student’s username and password.
- Click “Start Participating”.
- Install the Canvas Parent app.
(Requires iOS 8.0 or later) (Requires Android 4.2 or later)
Note: If you already have a parent or observer account in Canvas you can “Log in with Canvas” using your Canvas credentials.
- Set your account details. (Enter your first name, last name, and email address. Enter a password and confirm the password. Tap the Create Account button.)
Learn more about the Canvas Parent App: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-7884
- Choose if you want Canvas Parent to send you notifications.
- Click “Create Account”.
- Enter “Deer Valley Unified School District” as the student’s institution.
- Enter the student’s username and password to associate a student to your Canvas Parent account.
Rev 12/2016 mc
The yearly syllabus outlines the requirements for the 8th grade Social Studies Classes.
Here is the link in Goggle Classroom