SENG Parent Groups
- Discuss social and emotional support for our gifted children
- Share ideas and support other parents
- Each class is 6 sessions long and runs between 1.5 to 2 hours per session
- Unless otherwise noted, classes will be held in our high school libraries
- Participants will be expected to read sections of the book, A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children, before most of the sessions as this will provide background on our discussion topics
- Discussions will follow group norms and emphasize respect and support for all participants
- Children are not permitted to attend these classes. Parents will have to find child care during these groups. (The only time child care will be provided is for teh AAGT PArent Group that starts on 9/21.)
- Pays for our facilitators, the book, and administrative costs
- $60 for a spouse to attend, if you are sharing a book
Locations & Dates -
Are posted below
Registration now open for two different groups this fall!
Option #1 Deer Valley Fall Parent Group
Hosted in the Barry Goldwater High School Library
8/29, 9/5, 9/12, 9/19, 9/26, 10/3
Facilitated by Adam Laningham, Manager of Gifted & Advanced Academics & Miko Price, Deer Valley High School Gifted Counselor
Option #2 AAGT State Parent Institute Parent Group
First meeting 9/21 - After the State Gifted Parent Institute hosted at Barry Goldwater High School
After the first meeting, on 9/21, the group will split into two groups, and will take place in two separate locations. One in the Deer Valley area and one in Scottsdale.
The remaining meeting dates will be determined at the first meeting.