Highland Lakes School's
National Junior Honor Society
Advisor: Mrs. Smith
What is National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)?
The National Junior Honor Society is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NJHS serve to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the area of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, Character, and Citizenship.
Pillars of NJHS
Scholarship -Cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher
- Successfully holding school offices or positions of responsibility
- Leading in the classroom, work, or Community
- Participating in some service or charitable activity outside of school
- Mentoring people in the community or students at other schools
- Helping with any request made by staff to help support our school community
- Volunteering to provide assistance whenever needed
- Participation in community organizations and school clubs
- Understanding the importance of civic involvement
- Having a high regard for freedom, justice, and democracy
- Involvement with such activities as Scouting, community organizations, and school clubs
- Upholding our core values of respect, responsibility, and integrity
- Complying with school rules
Making a difference in our world, one project at a time.