- Las Brisas Elementary
Quarter 1: Literature FocusRL 2-I can determine a theme or central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments
RL 3-I can determine an author’s point of view or purpose in a text and explain how it is conveyed in the text.RL 6- I can explain how an author develops the point of view of the narrator or speaker in a text.
Writing Standard: Narrative
W3- 6.W.3 Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using an effective technique, relevant descriptive details, and well-structured event sequences
- Engage and orient the reader by establishing a context and introducing a narrator and/or characters; organize an event sequence that unfolds naturally and logically
- Use narrative techniques, such as dialogue, pacing, and description, to develop experiences, events, and/or characters.
- Use a variety of transition words, phrases, and clauses to convey sequence and signal shifts from a one-time frame or setting to another.
- Use precise words and phrases, relevant descriptive details, and sensory language to convey experiences and events.
- Provide a conclusion that follows from the narrated experiences or events. Narrative Rubric PDF Form
RL1: I can cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences are drawn from the text.RL4- I can determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.
RL 5- I can analyze how a particular sentence, chapter, scene, or stanza fits into the overall structure of a text and contributes to the development of the theme, setting, or plot.W4 Produce clear and coherent writing in which the development, organization, and style are appropriate to task, purpose, and audience
W5 With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach.
L.4 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 6 reading and content, choosing flexibly from a range of strategies
L.5 Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings