For Room 410
- For my classroom I will start with a warning, if the behavior continues then they will be sent to the cool down corner in my room to fill out a think sheet to reflect on their choices and ways to prevent or avoid it next time. Then the sheet will be sent home for the parent to look at and discuss with their child and to be signed and returned the next day. In addition, I will send an email or phone call letting the parent/guardian know what happened and to be prepared to see a think sheet in their child’s backpack.
- In addition, a minor will be reported on my end for documentation purposes. If three minors for the same behavior happen then it turns into a major, which then is sent to administration for them to take over next steps.
- Toro Tickets: When a student is modeling one of the TORO attributes or our mission statement, they will receive a Toro ticket from me and it is placed into a bin. Every Friday I will choose a few tickets at random to get to pick a prize of out the treasure box. Then their ticket goes into the school-wide bin for the weekly drawing.
- Weekly Newsletter
- Every week I will be sending out an email with my weekly newsletter for the following week. It will contain information about what events are happening on campus, in our classroom, schedules, what we are learning for the following week and homework expectations.
- Class Website
- We have a classroom website! I will be updating it with information about homework, upcoming events in the classroom and on campus and my weekly newsletters.
- Students will receive a school planner-this will be used to keep track of assignments and when they are due, when tests are, school events, classroom events, and nightly homework.
Please do not hesitate to email or call me with any questions you may have. I can be reached at my school email, firstname.lastname@example.org or through the school with my office phone 623-445-5858. Typically I respond to emails within a few hours or less, give or take the day or time it was sent. Union Park has implemented email office hours and a “curfew” to ensure that we maintain a healthy work-life balance. I will respond to emails/remind/calls Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 8:30am and again from 3:30-5:00pm.
Please schedule specific times to meet with me, as we need time to communicate effectively. I often have professional duties directly before and after school hours. Please understand that I will not be able to meet or discuss issues while I am teaching or supervising students. However, I will contact you as soon as I can.