What do we do in Music Class?!
In this class, your students will learn all sorts of details within music as well as playing with different instruments, singining fun silly songs, and just having fun with music! We will also be learning about the characteristics of music and how to make music using the music notes from our voices and the instruments.
Goal: To teach and expose students to all the wonderful paths that music contains and how it can be used in many aspects of their lives. Students will also learn all sorts of details within music through playing different instruments, singing fun silly songs, and just having fun with music! We will also be learning about the characteristics of music and how to create it using our voices, rhythms or instruments.
K-2: Students will be able to learn demonstrate simple musical concepts which include rhythms, instruments, musical terms, singing, dancing, and creating music!
- I can identify steady beat.
- I can identify musical instruments and their musical family.
- I can sing songs in English and Spanish.
- I can demonstrate different rhythm patterns using instruments or body percussion.
- I can identify specific music notes and their note value.
5-6: Students will be able to learn and demonstrate musical concepts which include simple and advanced rhythms, musical terms, music theory, reading and writing music, music history, and musical genres and styles.
- I can identify music notes in treble and bass clef.
- I can identify musical symbols on the music staff.
- I can discuss and identify musical history composers.
- I can discuss and identify different musical genres and styles.
- I can demonstrate advance rhythms using instruments or body percussion.
- I can compose music using the corresponding music notes.
7th-8th Choir: Students will be able to learn how to sing, sight read music, sing solfege, read music, become creative with their voices, and build confidence in themselves through music.
- I can sing songs set to my skill level.
- I can demonstrate solfege hand signs.
- I can demonstrate sight reading using solfege musical terms.
- I can perform music memorized.
- I can express proper concert etiquette.