Medieval Europe - Shields
Due: Friday 5/1
Medieval Shield Project
Medieval Knights used a shield for protection. Many of these shields were very ornate and depicted symbols, which were important to the knight. Design a shield that depicts items valuable and meaningful to you.
YOUR SHIELD MUST INCLUDE:
- Your last name must be creatively displayed in the center of the shield.
- Four symbols or pictures that display something meaningful to you and your family.
- On the reverse side, you must have a paragraph written that describes why you chose all of the symbols and designs for your shield.
- Include a motto on the back of your shield.
- Must be within 12-20 inches in length.
- Construction paper
- Popsicle sticks
Be creative and have fun with the project!
Medieval Shield Project Rubric
Criterion D: Thinking Critically
- analyze concepts, issues, models, visual representation and/or theories
Task Specific Descriptor
The student does not reach a standard described by any of the descriptors below.
- identifies the main points of ideas, events, visual representation or argument to a limited extent.
Ø The project is bare minimum with the least amount of detail.
Ø Paragraph is poorly written and few or no details are given to describe the shield.
- identifies some main points of ideas, events, visual representation or arguments.
Ø The project has some detail, but lacks creativity.
Ø Paragraph is not well written and not all of the symbols are described.
- identifies the main points of ideas, events, visual representation or arguments.
Ø The project has detail, but may be lacking some creativity.
Ø Paragraph describes the shield using minimum requirements.
- identifies in detail the main points of ideas, visual representation or argument.
Ø The project is very detailed and shows the hard work, creativity and understanding put into it.
Ø Paragraph is well written and clearly describes your choices in design.